PDA

View Full Version : One Skein Wonder with a long sleeved modification

xwdpuzzler
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I have done this pattern once before without any modifications and now I want to do one with longer sleeves but I am stuck at the original ending point of the pattern. Does any one have any idea how I might do this. I have a modification of the pattern but it makes no sense to me. So I am hoping someone has done this and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Debbie

suzeeq
05-20-2008, 12:28 AM
To make this with longer sleeves, don't BO the sleeves, just keep knitting until they're the length you want. You may want to throw in some decreases every 2" or so if you want a tapered sleeve and not a loose one.

xwdpuzzler
05-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Here are the instructions I have for two modifications:

Place 54 sleeve stitched on Circular Needles and place marker.
Knit row at same time increase 1 stitch before and after marker = 56 Stitches.

Join work and knit 3 more rows

Knit row and increase 1 stitch beofe and after marker = 58 sts.

Then the decrease starts.

****The part that confuses me is the JOIN WORK Part. It sounds like I am making indiviual sleeves instead for knitting back and forth like I have been doing.

This is the 2nd modification I have found:

after completion original pattern then do

Knit onto circular needles place the stitch markers for the sleeve seams and continue in the round I guess for just that row, Then start the decrease in sleeves.

****The 2nd modification sounds a like easier and doesn't mention joining together.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

suzeeq
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
"Join Work" means to knit the sleeves in the round. You can knit them back and forth and seam them up if you like.