PDA

View Full Version : need pattern help

tigerlilly
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
My first time knitting a sweater or using a pattern.

It has 3 sections to make up a row of the pattern:
Lace Rt. - Lg. Cable - Lace Left
(8sts Lace Rt., 18 sts Lg. Cable, 8sts Lace Left)

On Lace Rt. and Lace left, the pattern stops with row 6, but on Lg. Cable it stops with row 10. I can figure out what to do with the even rows, but what do I do for the remaining 2 odd rows (7 and 9) of the Left and Right sides?

Since Left and right are just reverse of each other I'm only typing up right and large cable sections below.

Pattern sequence:
Lace rt. Lg. Cable
Row 1: K4, K2tog,YO,K2. Row 1,5,7,9: P2,K14,P2.
Row 2,4,6: Purl across. Row 2,4,6,8,10: K2,P14,K2.
Row 3: K3,K2tog,YO,K3.
Row 3: P2,Sl.3to hook in front,K3, K3 from hook. K2.Sl.3to hook in back,K3,K3 from hook, P2.
Row 5: K2,K2tog,YO,K4.

Looking to continue Lace Rt. pattern for Rows 7 and 9. What do you suggest? Please help. P.S. I already checked online to see if there were any corrections to pattern (errata?) - found none.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Mirl56
05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Row 7 would start over again with row 1 of the lace pattern.

Your rows will never stay even now. well, they will catch up when the total row count is divisible by both 6 and 10 (row 30, row 60).

What I would do, is use 2 post-it notes, one for the lace pattern and 1 for the cable pattern. As you finish each row, move the post-it down to the next row. You'll be on the same row up to #6. then you'll almost always be off, but just continue 1 - 6 on the lace sections and 1 - 10 on the cable section. ie, you'll be knitting row 7 of the calbe patern, and row 1 of the lace pattern. then row 8 of the cable and 2 of the lace, etc, etc.

(I'm sure I haven't explained th is very well.)

suzeeq
05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
You did pretty well Marilyn...

Just repeat each pattern when you get to the last row of them and keep track of where you are in each. This is where learning to read your knitting comes in handy. The cable should be easy to keep track of once you've gone through it a time or two.

tigerlilly
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
thank you both so much