PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have made the HP scarf

knittingmom2three
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I am making the house scarf from Charmed Knits- the child's size (55 sts). It says to knit on 16" circs. Is it me or is that just not enough stitches for a 16" circ. I've searched around on the internet- but no one else seems to have this problem.

suzeeq
05-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Is it knit flat or circular?

knittingmom2three
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
It is knit as a tube.

lilchem
05-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I have used this pattern to knit 3 scarves in Green Bay Packer colors for my husband and his brothers. I used 16-inch circular needles (US size 8 for Caron Simply Soft yarn) and had no problem. Before I had my 16-inch circular (from Knit Picks), I made one of them using the 2-circular-needle method for knitting in the round. Both methods worked fine for me. The 16-inch circular made the knitting go much faster because there was no switching needles halfway. Hope this helps!

Kelly
ravelry id: lilchem

knittingmom2three
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I have used this pattern to knit 3 scarves in Green Bay Packer colors for my husband and his brothers. I used 16-inch circular needles (US size 8 for Caron Simply Soft yarn) and had no problem. Before I had my 16-inch circular (from Knit Picks), I made one of them using the 2-circular-needle method for knitting in the round. Both methods worked fine for me. The 16-inch circular made the knitting go much faster because there was no switching needles halfway. Hope this helps!

Kelly
ravelry id: lilchem

How many stitches did you cast on?

fireflyknitter
05-22-2008, 12:17 PM
It shouldn't be too few stitches, I made mine with 60 stitches cast on a 16 inch circ and it worked out just fine :) If I'd been thinking right when starting the second one I would have only cast on 50 and it still would have been plenty!

lilchem
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
How many stitches did you cast on?
Sorry, I should have included the number of stitches in my post. I cast on 60 stitches.

PCwombat
05-22-2008, 07:05 PM
When I made mine, I can't remember how many I cast on, but the hardest part was the first inch or so, and the first row very tight. After you get a few rows on the needle, it stretches out some, and should fit around. If you can't join on the first round, you can always knit the first inch or so flat, and then join. Then at the end, just use the tail to sew up the gap.