PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks Is Quick

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, since they relocated to their new warehouse KP has gotten pretty darned quick about getting orders out.

Sunday I placed an order for some additional Options needle tips and cables. I didn't pay for the faster shipping, opting instead for just regular shipping.

The mailman just delivered them. That's pretty good for regular post.

Jan in CA
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Cool! Where did they move the warehouse?

Cynamar
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I ordered my Options set from them last weekend but have to call them to update credit card information so I don't know if they've changed from the last time I ordered a ocuple of months ago. I have always taken the free shipping and always wait anxiously for my order as I'm so excited for it but it seems like they always wait a few days to ship it.

bambi
05-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I was thinking of ordering yarn and possibly the options needles. Good to know they are quick!

B

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Cool! Where did they move the warehouse?

A customer service rep had told me some time back that they were in the process of relocating the warehouse to a larger facility. Same city, just a bigger, more modern warehouse. I think that was back in January if I remember correctly.

heatherg23
05-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I got my order in 1 week. They said it would take 4-16 days. Thank goodness it didn't.

Heather

Knitnite
05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Got my lace sampler order today. I placed the order on the 14th, it shipped on the 15th...not bad! Now, back to my knitting!

Lisa R.
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I placed an order on Friday, and saw that it was shipped on Monday...I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!!!

Debkcs
05-22-2008, 07:10 PM
They have some of the best customer service I've experienced. Ordered on a Monday evening over the internet, and it was mailed on Tuesday.I hit it lucky on the USPS also, and the order arrived the following Thursday. REally fast.

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
They have some of the best customer service I've experienced.

I agree. A lot of companies could take a lesson from KP.

ArtLady1981
05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree. A lot of companies could take a lesson from KP.

AMEN! :thumbsup:

Knit4Pie
05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Even shipping into Canada is relatively quick (between 1 and 2 weeks). I LOVE that they send me an email to say when it enters the Canadian Postal system, with a Canadian tracking number. I know it's only a couple to 3 days after that to receive my order.

gingerbread
05-23-2008, 06:44 AM
I must agree that KP has done something wonderful. I was always the one that would get the 14 day shipping. :tap: I think it is the new warehouse I put in two different orders and it was on my door step in four days. :passedout: Yes the customer services is the best. The last time I order silly me wrote my card number wrong! No problem they just let me know by phone and it was shipped that day. I love Knit Picks :heart::heart::heart:

:waving:

LovelyLinda
05-23-2008, 07:11 AM
I've been considering whether to order the KP Options interchangeable set for about 2 months now. It's good to know the shipping is fast and I know their customer service is great.

My only concern has been with quality as I've read so many issues regarding the tips coming apart from cables or bent tips. I was hoping if I waited a bit they'd resolve these issues.

knitgal
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
I agree- even to Canada it was fast. My DBF ordered me the Options on Sunday the 10th and they came on the 20th. My aunt ordered them a few months ago and they took almost a month. I was expecting a long wait and I already have them!

Knitting_Guy
05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I've been considering whether to order the KP Options interchangeable set for about 2 months now. It's good to know the shipping is fast and I know their customer service is great.

My only concern has been with quality as I've read so many issues regarding the tips coming apart from cables or bent tips. I was hoping if I waited a bit they'd resolve these issues.

There have been some small issues, I've experienced it myself. I think it's growing pains, but they seem to have gotten a handle on them now.

Anything mass produced is sometimes going to have a defect slip through, but overall I think their quality is quite good. I wouldn't let the occasional defect stop me from ordering them.

Besides, even if you would happen to get a bad cable, they send you two to replace it LOL

LovelyLinda
05-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the input Mason. I do think having a set of interchangeable needles on hand is a great idea and definitely a money saver. I think I would love these needles because I love Addi Turbos and I've heard they are similar in quality.

I know I'll bite the bullet soon and order a set. I've also been eyeing their binder with plastic sleeves to store them.

Linda

Knitting_Guy
05-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the input Mason. I do think having a set of interchangeable needles on hand is a great idea and definitely a money saver. I think I would love these needles because I love Addi Turbos and I've heard they are similar in quality.

I know I'll bite the bullet soon and order a set. I've also been eyeing their binder with plastic sleeves to store them.

Linda

The interchangeables really are great. This sweater I am working on is a good example. When I want to try it on for fit I simply unscrew one needle, put a cap on that cable end, screw the needle onto another cable along with a cap, slip half the stitches onto that and then I can cap the other cable ends and I know 100% that there is no way the stitches will slip off while I try it on.

It's also great when changing needle sizes when going from the ribbing to the body. Just unscrew the needles and screw on the new ones. No slipping the stitches, just continue with the same cable with the new needle size.