PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry Invite

tarrentella
05-23-2008, 06:10 AM
I have signed up for my ravelry invite twice now and still havnt got one, the first time i tried was ack in February, and the second was two weeks ago.

Those of you that have got one, what does the email show up as in your inbox? i know it will probably go to my junk mail, but i check that fairly regularly, im just wondering if i have missed it somehow.

Knit4Pie
05-23-2008, 06:33 AM
It comes as a message with the subject along the lines of "Frecklegirl invites you to ravelry" or some such. You have a special link in there that brings you to a sign in page.

Mirl56
05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
also, you can go to the front page of Ralvery and click on the "waiting list' link - then you can type in your email addy and it will tell you how many people are in line ahead of you. Check it daily and it should give you a good idea when to look for the invite.

ecb
05-23-2008, 07:16 AM
checking my place in Que is kinda fun too, then you KNOW when your e-mail is coming. Enjoy Rav, although I do not get on as much as i should, I love it when i do

ecb

Mirl56
05-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I think it will also tell you if you've already been invited. I just tried it and it told me I had already "cashed in my invite and joined."

iza
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
:?? I was on ravelry yesterday and I saw a site announcement that it should take only one day to receive an invite. If the invite is not in your junk mail, I have no idea what could be the problem. :shrug:

knitgal
05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I was just going to say, it's probably in your junk mail. I know a LOT of people had that problem, including me.

Crycket
05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I signed up with my hotmail address....and it got eaten in cyberspace, I only found out I was finally accepted by going on the website and seeing my status button!

Long story short, I wrote and said, I have been accepted, but I haven't received an email...they were kind enough to send it to me through my sympatico address and did tell me that a lot of ppl who sign up using hotmail accounts have the same problem....

It doesn't even get to you junk bin, it just gets lost in cyber space!

Jan in CA
05-23-2008, 04:06 PM
After checking your place in the que and if it says you've already been invited then if you have another email address try that. You could also email the owners and tell them about it.

tarrentella
05-24-2008, 03:37 AM
I signed up with my hotmail address....and it got eaten in cyberspace, I only found out I was finally accepted by going on the website and seeing my status button!

Long story short, I wrote and said, I have been accepted, but I haven't received an email...they were kind enough to send it to me through my sympatico address and did tell me that a lot of ppl who sign up using hotmail accounts have the same problem....

It doesn't even get to you junk bin, it just gets lost in cyber space!

I am wondering if that is what happened the first couple of times since i was using a hotmail account. I wish i had known about the status checking! Oh well. I tried again AND GOT MY INVITE :cheering:
I am about to go exploring on revelry :)

Azlynn
05-24-2008, 03:50 AM
I just got mine last week, so I still have it. It came from * don't know if it's okay to post the address publically, but you can do a search for the subject line text probably. The subject line said "Your Ravelry invitation has arrived! (daized)" I don't know why it said the daized part - that's not my username there....I suppose because it's part of my email address or something. Hope that helps :)

Azlynn
05-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Oh, I guess I was too late. LOL

Good practice for the next person who has the same question. heee!