PDA

View Full Version : Super Easy Bag pattern for beginner

court88
05-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Anyone know a SUPER easy bag I can knit with size 10 needles? I am a beginner and want to make sure i can do it bfore I purchase much else! Thanks!

fibrenut
05-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Hiya court,
A super duper easy pattern would be to cast on, o let's say, 50 stitches, knit every row until you have a piece that measure twice the depth of your desired bag, then bind off, fold it in half and seem the two sides. then you can either make I-cord, braided, crocheted or purchase some handles and attach them. and POOF:thumbsup: ya got yerself a really simple bag!!!:knitting:

You could also adjust where you fold it so that you could have a flap on the top too.:figureditout:

Lisa R.
05-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I did the Booga Bag (http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html) as one of my first projects. It's quite simple, but it's knit in the round.(so if you're needles are circular needles, you'll need to buy those).

Cynamar
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I made my own. I made a rectangle about a third bigger than I wanted the bottom to be and then picked up stitches around the edge (like a gusset) and started knitting them on circulars. I'm going to felt it if I ever get done. I keep getting distracted by socks and scarves and things!

DorothyDot
05-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Take a set of circular knitting needles. Cast on like 100 stitches. Knit in the round until the piece is like 18" long.

Next row, do K2, YO, K2 together around - always compensate for the extra stitch created by the YO by knitting 2 together.

Knit for another inch or so. Bind off.

Fold in half lengthwise, sew the cast-on edges together.

Thread a strand of i-cord or a length of rope through the holes created by the YO's, making sure that the loop hangs out at one side of your bag. Repeat, making sure the second loop hangs out of the opposite side of your bag.

To close your bag, simply pull on the 2 loops on either side of your bag.

For variety, you can change colors and knit several rounds in whatever color yarn you have handy - just make sure it's the same weight as your original yarn.

Dot