PDA

View Full Version : I have a new computer!

Jan in CA
05-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I got my new computer a few days ago! It's a Dell XPS 420 desktop. It came with Vista and I was worried about that because of all the complaints I've heard, but I'd like to say I LOVE it! With 4G of RAM it runs like a dream as does everything else, too. So if you're worried, just get enough RAM and you'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Debkcs
05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Congratulations Jan!

You can color me :mrgreen: !!!

Did you have any problems transferrig your files from the old computer to the new one?

figaro
05-23-2008, 07:08 PM
:woohoo::woot::happydance: to getting a new computer!

Knitting_Guy
05-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Well, except for the Vista thing it sounds nice.

Now if you'll just nuke Vista and install a nice Linux OS...

:mrgreen:

fireflyknitter
05-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I've heard that Vista is just fine, as long as you have p-l-e-n-t-y of RAM, and don't do anything... you know... shady. :shifty:

But YAY to your new computor!:cheering:

auburnchick
05-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Yay!!!!! Getting new stuff is so much fun!!!

Silver
05-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Yay! Congrats Jan!!! :cheering:

Jan in CA
05-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Did you have any problems transferrig your files from the old computer to the new one?

I didn't transfer anything. I saved stuff to CD that I needed (photos and patterns, etc) and then wrote down my favorite links and passwords to start my bookmarks again. I needed the clean slate. :lol:

Now if you'll just nuke Vista and install a nice Linux OS...

Now how did I know you'd say that? :roflhard:

cindycactus
05-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I got a new Compaq a couple months ago with Vista and haven't had any problems yetCrossed Fingers I had a couple programs that won't work with Vista but I (or rather dh) has our older Compaq with XP so I can still use them on that one. Now I am preparing to install Vista's SP1 and XP's SP3. I know, I know Mason. Get a Linux. But I am self taught with Windows and I probably would have to take a class to learn Linux.:roflhard: