PDA

View Full Version : Positively amazing!!

katknit
05-24-2008, 10:39 AM
You've just gotta check this out and see it for yourself. What side of your brain are you using right now?
http://yourehistory.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/which-side-of-your-brain-are-you-using-right-now/

Silver
05-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I've seen this before and I'm always fascinated by it. Very interesting graphic. I first see her spinning clockwise, then she switches to counter-clockwise and then back again.

Knitting_Guy
05-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Same here, she appears to be spinning in both directions depending upon how I look at her. At first she was definitely going clockwise, but as I examined the motions she appeared to be going the other way.

But it's mostly clockwise to me.

Jan in CA
05-24-2008, 12:09 PM
No matter how I look at her she is spinning clockwise. Amazing!

Ahah! Now I can see her both ways!

kellyh57
05-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I tried and even went to the other website, but I only see clockwise. I guess I'm just stuck in that side of the brain!

Kelly

HollyP
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM
At first she was counter clock wise then she switched. I mostly see clock wise but I am able to make it switch . That's interesting!

Cynamar
05-24-2008, 01:42 PM
She's making me nauseous.

lizardknits
05-24-2008, 03:09 PM
lol
me too
I see her going both ways equally, I think
first I thought it was only clockwise , then I saw it go form clockwise to counterclockwise then back again
i guess I use both sides of my brain

OT- just started a new project- a baby blanket in simply soft

Debkcs
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I can see her both ways, at will. Stuff like this always fascinates me, thanks for posting it.

tootie44
05-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I can only see her going counter clockwise.

cindycactus
05-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I watched a long time and only saw her spinning clockwise. Guess I am stuck on Right!!!!

Wanda Witch
05-24-2008, 06:35 PM
What fun and fascinating. I am mostly stuck on the counter-clockwise, but did see it clockwise also for brief moments. I knew I was classified as a 'left brainer' but this is really something. For all to see the same thing but see it moving in a different direction.

snowbear
05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I saw her spinning clockwise, then I could see her spinning counter clockwise, then back and back again.

interesting..

Silver
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM
If you really wanna blow your mind, look at her and think of painting, or sculpting, or creating something. Then think of mathematical equations or scientific facts, or balancing your checkbook. She'll reverse directions as you access either side of your brain. :shock:

Debkcs
05-24-2008, 11:53 PM
That's what I did to change her orientation, or should I say mine, when viewing her before. It's amazing how finely we're engineered.

saracidaltendencies
05-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I saw it both ways...Really interesting to watch while listening to music as well!

fireflyknitter
05-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Only clockwise for me, how neat!

Debbie
05-25-2008, 12:40 PM
now... which way is clockwise ... just kidding :)
I see mostly clockwise, I can get her going counter clockwise for a few spins, then she goes back.

jess_hawk
05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
She spins counter clockwise almost exclusively (I even tried thinking about painting and such) until I watch her while I read the text, then suddenly BAM she's going clockwise!!! As soon as I finish reading, she maybe goes clockwise for a spin, then she's back to counter.

knitgal
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
She spins both ways for me too. What's strange is that only 14% of the population is supposed to be able to see her spin bothways, yet many of us can?

stitchwitch
05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
A friend sent me that a few months ago and I could only see her spin clockwise no matter how hard I tried. I tried it today just for fun and I can make her spin both directions by simply looking away. Strange how it works,

feministmama
05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
What I want to know is why are they using a naked woman to do this? They couldn't fins any other object for this?

Plantgoddess+
05-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I originally could only see her spin clockwise. I went back today and again only clockwise. I started singing Greensleeves and she started spinning counterclockwise. I then started reciting the multiplication tables and she started spinning clockwise again. Very cool.

vaknitter
05-29-2008, 10:05 PM
OMG that's so bizarre !! When I looked at it myself she was totally counterclockwise and now matter how I looked at it I couldn't get her to spin the other way. I had my hubby (the engineer and aspiring PhD) look at it and he's like - Oh, she's totally spinning clockwise. So as we sat debating which way she was going and laughing at the dog and BAM she was going clockwise !!! As I said it she turned back counter clockwise. It fascinates me that he is so analytical yet he is right brained? I've always known I have almost no right brain - I can't even draw stick figures as where the hubby has had some of his drawing hang in art shows.

notaregift
05-29-2008, 10:40 PM
that was amazing! i saw the girl rotate first in counterclockwise and then change to clockwise! :aww:

jess_hawk
05-30-2008, 06:02 AM
She spins both ways for me too. What's strange is that only 14% of the population is supposed to be able to see her spin bothways, yet many of us can?
I wonder if they mean people who can just switch her direction on a whim, rather than us who are thinking "if I think artsy she should spin clockwise. If I think analytical she should spin counterclockwise" and then doing just that.
Or maybe the enjoyment of knitting attracts those with a certain mentality, such that we are not a typical cross-section of mankind. (Or maybe the study groups were similarly flawed).
Fascinating question.

Hmm... she started out spinning counter again tonight but now I have her going really reliably clockwise...

SBG
06-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm really, really, really left-brained but I can see either direction.

jeanius80
06-06-2008, 05:28 PM
At first for me she was moving counter clock wise. doing math or singing didn't make a difference. i see her go both ways, but I had to look at the writing beneath her to change, then i discovered i could make her just flip (Like shes just swinging her leg) simply by looking a little off to the side.. I wonder if that means I access both sides of my brain pretty simultaneously? very interesting!

linknit41
06-08-2008, 07:36 PM
very cool--i easily see the figure moving in either direction, without thinking of music, math or anything--linknit41