PDA

View Full Version : My first sock!!!!

Azlynn
05-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Okay, so it's not a real sock. It's a teeny tiny sock. LOL I didn't want to spend too much time learning on a full-size sock, and I'm really glad because I had to frog it 3 times before I figured out the darn heel. First I tried to use a pattern for a regular size sock and just figure out the number of stitches to use on my own, but I kept messing up since I had no idea what I was doing, so I went and found a pattern for an actual teeny sock Here (http://www.cidermoon.com/cm0126.pdf). And here it is.....my very first sock....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/terriandfamily/tinysock1.jpg
There are a couple of mess-ups in it still, but I left them because I was on a roll and just wanted to get through it. I'm really happy with it and am going to get started on my first full-size pair tonight.

PS: Some of you may remember me from my silly hat thread, never having used "real" yarn. This is my first sock yarn purchase, ordered from KnitPicks, and I absolutely love, love, love it!

Puddinpop
05-24-2008, 09:20 PM
That's adorable. I want to make one to match my first pair. Where is it on the web that they swap teeny socks? I want a teeny sock key chain. Great job.

rosefields
05-24-2008, 09:22 PM
IMHO...a sock is a sock is a sock! Great job!:thumbsup:

Knit4Fun
05-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Great job...you could use it as a little holiday ornament if you celebrate...or a car rearview mirror ornament...or stuff it with catnip and give it to a cat...or just admire it and do this: :woot:

Is that the Tucson Multi Essential sock yarn from KP? I love the colorway and would like to know which colorway it is...

Wonderful work! :cheering:

Azlynn
05-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Is that the Tucson Multi Essential sock yarn from KP? I love the colorway and would like to know which colorway it is...

Wonderful work! :cheering:

Thanks! It's actually the Peacock Multi, but you got the Essential part right. I love the color, too. I didn't love it so much in the ball, but I love it knitted. Now I wish I'd ordered more. I'm going to order more with my next order for sure.

Debkcs
05-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Just think how cute that would be hanging from your rear view mirror.

Now that you've got the heel down, there's no stopping you!

WandaT
05-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Great job!!! Now that you've got the basics down there will be no stopping you!!

Alyce
05-25-2008, 09:15 AM
That is the same yarn I used on my first sock. It is beautiful and you did a great job.
Alyce

Knitting_Guy
05-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Looks like a real sock to me.

Jaxhil
05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
:muah:Love it!! A perfect (looking anyway, and that's what counts :teehee:) little sock :mrgreen: great job!!!

Azlynn
05-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I have turned my wee sock into a keychain, and it is now my chapstick holder. It's the perfect size to hold my chapstick, and it looks so cute. lol I'm going to make a tiny I-cord to fold over the top just to make sure the chapstick doesn't fall out, though. I think these would make really cute little gifts like that. Two of my friends have already asked for one when I told them that part. First I'm going to make a full-size sock! I had to rip out my first attempt twice last night, so I'm only 4 rows in so far, but I'll get there. ;)

GirlChris
05-25-2008, 10:56 PM
How cute and what a great idea for making them useful too.

dustinac
05-27-2008, 08:32 AM
:happydance: too cute! Great job...I make the little socks for ornaments and key chains...they make great card stuffers :thumbsup:

Azlynn
05-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Card stuffers! What a great idea!

Unfortunately, I still haven't made a full size sock. I was halfway up the heel flap when I had to frog the whole thing. I just wasn't happy with it and had too many little problems, then I realized I had somehow ended up with 2 less stitches and couldn't find any dropped ones, so everything was off. Every time I tried to fix it, I made it look worse, and I was so disgusted that when it stopped being fun I just frogged it. So I decided to make my first sock with non-sock yarn, which to me seems more forgiving as it's thicker. So I casted on yet again for my first sock last night. I feel like I'm never going to make my first sock. lol