PDA

View Full Version : sock fiend

divagirl
05-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I made socks! I made socks! And they fit me! And I love them!:woot: Will people be getting socks for Christmas this year? Yes, I believe they are.
I really didn't think it was going to be as easy as it was. I have become obsessed. Dustinac, I did sit in front of the computer with Silver's tutorial (you rock Silver!) while I worked the heel to make sure I got it right. so I did one using the Yarn Harlot's sock recipe and then I got adventurous. Now I have one plain sock and one Monkey sock. i figure if I don't have enough yarn left to finish the other Monkey sock I'll frog the plain one :mrgreen: . I used Dream in Color Smooshy and I swear I'm putting pics up as soon as I find the camera - we are in the middle of remodelling/moving so I can't find anything except the yarn....

dustinac
05-28-2008, 11:51 AM
:woot: YAY! That's great and I can't wait to see the socks! I love the smooshy yarns too :happydance:

GirlChris
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM
you go girl. ;) Sounds like a great Christmas present to me.

Crycket
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Socks are addictive....very very addictive....

gingerbread
05-29-2008, 08:49 AM
I know I felt the same way when my first sock was made. I framed it I was so proud.
So you go girl and have the best time making socks. They are a greatest gift to give.:thumbsup:

:waving:

Lisa R.
05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I confess that even as a new knitter learning the joys of knitting, I still thought, "socks are too hard...you can buy them at Wal-mart!!" :-D However, I kept hearing so much about how fun they are, that I decided to give it a try.

I just finished my second pair, and received enough yarn for at least 3 pairs in the mail yesterday...and signed up for a two-at-once class next month!

Yep, I think they're addictive!

Shewhoknits
05-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I frogged my first pair and haven't gone back. I am going to try again soon. Because.... I want to be a sock fiend too!

feministmama
05-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Ah such a great feeling. Can't wait for the pics!

hartleystudio
05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Socks are the best!!!! You can carry them around in your bag and knit them anywhere! It's all I want to knit anymore!!!

Congrats on your first pair, I wear my first all the time!!!! It's a great feeling!!!

tokmom
06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm impressed! You did a monkey sock as a learning sock:notworthy: ?

Puddinpop
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Aren't they a wonderful project to knit? Challenging, but you don't have to wait that long to see it to completion. I am hooked, also.