PDA

View Full Version : Truly, Hopelessly Addicted to Yarn!

Luvmyrottnboy
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
And anything knitting related!

Honestly I have enough yarn in my stash to last YEARS. I have 2 rooms which are mainly devoted to yarn storage. I have 2 bookcases loaded with books and patterns, two file folders of circulars, 2 sets of Options, 2 vases full of straights and a case full of straights. Drawers stuffed with stitch markers, holders, yarn needles, cable needles, crochet hooks, etc.

I have wool, wool blends, alpaca, silk, silk blends, cotton, cotton blends, bamboo and even a crate full of acrylics for baby/child stuff.

So WHY oh WHY did I just order 10 skeins of King Tut (my favorite cotton!) and 18 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk? And two Phildar books from Littleknits?????

Then a Debbie Bliss Book from Yarn and Fiber Company?

Granted, I am at a point in my life when I can finally afford a few indulgences...but STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else an addict?

Crycket
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh...very much so....

With wool and paper.

Yarn is easy...you see it and start picturing projects. So you buy enough to make something...then someother yarn does the distracting....while you are invisioning the new pattern....some other wool comes along....so on and so forth...

Then you end up with a que of knitting....and a bunch of yarn you are just dying to get into, but don't have the time for, cause there is some new yarn on the horizon....

An endless hopeless circle....

I live in it....

With many others...

Sad..but true!

SBG
05-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty new to knitting. I have no books yet (I ordered 2 today!). I have one plastic 3-drawer case thingie filled with yarn, and it's crammed as full as it can get. I think I have at least one of every size needle, plus the options interchangeable set. I would spend all my time knitting if I could! I have ordered very little yarn that isn't craft-store yarn. I just got a lace sampler from knit picks, I have some noro wool yarn to knit a scarf, and some sock yarn. Most of mine came from Hobby Lobby. I love "real" yarn but since I'm still learning, and not rich, I mostly am sticking with the less pricey stuff.

GirlChris
05-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Can I come play at your house?

mwhite
05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Me, two! Maybe I can trade some of my yarn, needles, patterns, books for a bus ticket!!! Get the coffee ready!!!

Wanda Witch
05-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe a 'Yarn Anonymous' needs to be created?? I have only begun to knit again after many years, even so have managed somehow or other to accumulate a 'small' stash. I vowed (yes, I did) I would NOT let yarn hook me like fabric has. I have a small fabric shop, complete with patterns and you name it. However, I must have an addictive personality as I've already purchased about six books to date on knitting, which have been useful for the most part. These I can add to my rather large sewing library of books. So, I certainly understand your, shall we say, 'problem?' But isn't it fun!!??!!

nitewyngs
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
You are my hero for having so much yarn. I don't think I can give up two rooms yet though! Mine - still fits in a closet. And I just ordered some Laines magnifiques.

scout52
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I am completely addicted to yarn and magazines and needles. if I buy yarn then I have to buy patterns. If I buy patterns then I have to buy yarn. If i buy needles I then I have to some yarn to try out the new needles and I need a pattern to go with that yarn. and so on. you see how this goes? I seriously CAN'T walk into a LYS without buying something.

jdee
05-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Maybe a 'Yarn Anonymous' needs to be created??

Can you imagine how much trouble we'd get eachother into?:roflhard: "Yes, I'm trying to resist yarn, and so I decided to bring another yarn addict over to help me."

I have two closets, a cedar trunk, and a large hamper all filled with yarn and knitting supplies. If I live to be 500 years old, I could never knit up all this yarn, and yet...I always managed to find more.

Luvmyrottnboy
05-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I am so glad I am not the only one!

It started off when Cyrus my dog and I moved in with mom because she has Alzheimers. The only place I could ever go was to work while mom was in day care and after that I couldn't leave her at all...so I took up knitting for something to do...and got seriously addicted.

First the enclosed back porch filled up.

Than I had to place mom in an ALF so her room became my "craft room" which became another yarn room!

If you look at my avatar you will see my rottie is a long hair (recessive gene). His shedding is absolutely off the charts. What I SHOULD do is send all his hair to VIP Fibers and never have to buy yarn again!

Yeah, right!

mathwizard
05-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I glad someone else has lots of patterns!!!:cheering: I inherited all my mom's stuff when she passed away as my sis doesn't knit or crochet. I found a few identical pattern books we both purchased but many more are different and some really old. She has a pattern for a hairpin lace shawl that she created. I am going to copyright it for her. But lately my patterns keep growing like tribles and my yarn is slowing down. So much I want to make and so little time!!!:woohoo::woot: Can I come play with your patterns.lol?

Rabbitrescuer
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
I am completely addicted to yarn and magazines and needles. if I buy yarn then I have to buy patterns. If I buy patterns then I have to buy yarn. If i buy needles I then I have to some yarn to try out the new needles and I need a pattern to go with that yarn. and so on. you see how this goes? I seriously CAN'T walk into a LYS without buying something.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
I'm the same way!

gingerbread
05-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I started out with the needles and fun things,markers, the tape measures and things like that. I thought that would be enough. Remember this was a while back. Then the yarn started coming in I was buying like a fiend. My dh would look and say "more yarn" well ya! silly man:roflhard::roflhard:. I just love it all and have never looked back on none knitting life.
So my friend don't look back and enjoy your knitting because we are enablers here and we won't stop you. Just encourage you to keep buying and showing pics if you got em.:roflhard:

:waving:

Shewhoknits
05-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I have this practical side to me that doesn't allow me to buy too much yarn ahead of time. It stifles all the fun. I do my best to make it behave but it starts to stress if I have too many projects not knit and again ruins the fun.

I love Phildar books and have bought quite a few. I have never used King Tut Cotton though. What do you love about it?

In the meantime shop for me and then put me into your Will ;)

heatherg23
05-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Anyone else an addict?

I got 250 skeins from a garage sale and I STILL buy more. I have to stop myself from going to the yarn section in the store. Temptation is a problem. :nails:

Heather

Luvmyrottnboy
05-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I have this practical side to me that doesn't allow me to buy too much yarn ahead of time. It stifles all the fun. I do my best to make it behave but it starts to stress if I have too many projects not knit and again ruins the fun.

I love Phildar books and have bought quite a few. I have never used King Tut Cotton though. What do you love about it?

In the meantime shop for me and then put me into your Will ;)

King Tut is dreamy! :heart: It isn't hard on your hands like other cottons can be, it doesn't grow hardly at all when worn, it has a beautiful silky sheen to it and the colors! The colors are rich and deep and beautiful. Check it out at Littleknits.com!

I am really looking forward to the Phildar books!