PDA

View Full Version : Selveged edges notes

rox_on2
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
http://karinspointeshoes.googlepages.com/home
I hope I did that right. Anyway
It says the 1st and last st is selvaged and you work 24 st's for pattern, so should I knit the first and last stitch in row 3 in addition to the pattern? I'm not good with math. (cheesy grin) :}

Plantgoddess+
05-28-2008, 11:41 PM
It seems to me that you would knit the first and last stitch in all 4 rows. Usually you would work the first couple and last couple of stitches in garter in order to keep the edges from rolling.

rox_on2
05-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Right...I went ahead and did a few rows slipping the 1st st and knitting the last. But I'm with you plant, I think 2 knit st's at the row end will look nicer. So that's prob what I'm gonna do.

Woohoo! my first modify! =D Don't laugh ;)

Plantgoddess+
05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't dream of laughing. It's the first step to feeling free to make changes to patterns to suit your needs and eventually to skipping the pattern altogether. I spent years following patterns exactly except for yarn selection. I wasn't always happy with the results but didn't feel brave enough to experiment. Finding all this info on the internet about knitting has given me the courage to experiment and wing it in my work.

rox_on2
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Right on Plantgoddess!!
I took my project to work with me today and had a ball working on it!
It is just what I needed to chill me out after my poor attempt at a lace dresser scarf!
I needed something easy/breasy after that crazy fiasco!
Mind you I will pick up that project in the near future...
But for now it feels good to just be knitting SOMTHING!