PDA

View Full Version : Malabrigo felted pocket purse

Shakey2523
05-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm in the finishing stages of this purse for my daughter, and starting to panic that I've completely knitted it backwards. The purse has a knot pattern that repeats throughout, and results in little "nubbins" after felting. Although I have followed the pattern very carefully, the knots show up on the inside of the purse, instead of the outside. Being new to felting, I am hoping that somehow the shrinking process will magically transfer the knots to the outside where they should be. Any thoughts?

Jan in CA
05-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I suspect you've knitted it inside out. When knitting circularly you should be knitting on the 'outside' of the circle so the loop is facing away from you.

If this is the case felting won't fix it for you, but you can probably just turn it inside out when you're done then felt it.

Which bag is it?

Shakey2523
05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I made sure I was knitting the outside, and everything except the knots came out right. I've spent the morning painstakingly yanking the knots to the correct side with a crochet hook. Now I just need to get it in the wash before they work their way back through! I think it will be okay. Take a look- it's pattern #4, and my 9 year old loves it. Thank you for your reply!
http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/patterns.html

Jan in CA
05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
That is odd then that it put the bumps on the inside! :?? I guess you solved it though by pulling them out. :thumbsup:

Mudmama
05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I was looking for a purse for my niece and I think she'd like this, but I can't get the pattern, am I doing something wrong? Do I have to order it? Sherry

Shakey2523
06-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I picked up the pattern at my LYS, but you can probably order it from the Malabrigo website. If you do make it, the pattern says to only do the series of 8 rows twice...THIS WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. Go with your own eye. You will want to watch it very closely during felting also- there's a fine line between just right and too small.