PDA

View Full Version : Designing a sweater and Etsy

jess_hawk
05-31-2008, 01:48 AM
So despite my other OTN projects and homework/studying to be done, today I just HAD to cast on and start designing my own sweater. I don't even have enough yarn in Aus to finish half a sweater, so this is completely idiotic, but I want to have the pattern started before I head home. I have three sweaters in my head that I need to get on paper. This one is a hooded sweater knit all in one piece with cables around the hood. I think I'll probably give it away as a Christmas gift when I finally get it finished. Anybody else have a habit of casting on when they really should just wait until they're more prepared?

Secondly, just signed up for Etsy, thinking of opening a shop. I do enough crafts and my parentals are always after me to find an outlet to sell some of it (mostly because I spend money to make things and then I give it all away, so even if I don't break even it would be nice to get some money from it). Those of you who do the etsy thing - any advice?
Thanks

tokmom
05-31-2008, 01:24 PM
No advice, I'm still a novice. I love your cabled hooded sweater though. It sounds really cute!:happydance: