PDA

View Full Version : Baby Albert Coat

Lighting57
05-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Has any one knit the Baby Albert version of the Einstein Coat in Sally Melvilles' KNIT #1 book? If you have please show pictures and give your comments. I'm thinking about making one.

dreamsherl
05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I haven't made it yet but I have seen the adult long and short versions. They both look lovely. I think that the kid version will look just as nice.

Lisa R.
05-31-2008, 07:29 PM
If you happen to be on Ravelry, you might look there...there are tons of pictures of projects. It looks cute. :)

tokmom
05-31-2008, 07:30 PM
cookworm who posts on here knitted one and showed me her's. It's soo cute! I want to make one now. She's talked me into it.:wink:
Hopefully she will see this and respond.:mrgreen:

Lighting57
06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I started the child's last night on some "extra" yarn just to see how it will knit up. My daughter has a four year old and an infant, both girls. I'm thinking about making a coat for all three of them, maybe in the same color, to give them as Christmas gifts. It would probably take me that long to get them all done with everything else we have to get done. I made the EZ surprise coat for the baby, but the more I look at Baby Albert the more I think I like it best. I can see several possibilities for dressing it up for a girl. A row of K2T and Yo's in the right place and you could weave in a ribbon. A decorative crochet edge could be made around the sleeve and along the opening edges too. I'd love to explore ravelry but that is almost impossible with DU. Thanks everyone for your comments.

knovice
06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I did both the coat and bunting a year or two ago. While I don't have pictures, they turned out darling. I used Lion Microspun and changed the colorways to something I liked better. It was an easy knit -- I'd only been knitting about six months when I made it.

Lighting57
06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Knovice, that's a nice yarn. I hadn't thought about it. I bet the coat is pretty done in it.