PDA

View Full Version : Someone else's WIP will be my FO - DONE!

Phaedra
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
When I arrive too early at work, I usually sit outside the public library next door and knit socks. About a week ago, as I was knitting away, a worker going inside asked if I had lost any yarn as there was a ball inside; I answered no. After a beat, I asked what if no one claims it---could I have it? Sure.
So I go back at lunch time; and no yarn---it was thought someone else had already picked it up----oh well.
Ok, a week later; same person ---we found the yarn if you'd still like to get it. And (poor picture) this is what I was given:
a WIP of two socks nearly finished using the magic loop technique-----on a size 1 32-inch KnitPicks circular. The folks at the library said it had been there for quite awhile.
The yarn is pretty tangled (probably from being handled by non-knitters :wink: ) and each sock was being knitted from an end of the one ball of yarn. I think the yarn was also from KP, it's a stretchy-cotton bright multi-color (so not me). And as each sock has a total stitch count of 48, this has to have been for a child. So, I'm going to finish these (never done magic-loop before) and give them to a co-worker's 8-year old daughter.

redheadrachel
05-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh, how fun!!! Enjoy this, what a cool opportunity! :)

dustinac
06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
:happydance: can't wait to see them...

I wonder if that was KP's dancing:think: ...poor knitter who lost their socks though...wonder if s/he didn't know where to look for them...

Jan in CA
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow bummer for the person who lost it! She/he is probably racking their brain trying to remember where they left their project!:doh:

Nice for you though!!

Jaxhil
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
ooh, fun for you! too bad for the person who lost it, though! will you show us the end result? they look cute so far!

GirlChris
06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
That is pretty funny. Some day you'll come acrossed someone sitting outside the library who will tell the story of how their socks disappeared. LOL

Phaedra
06-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Here they are: the fastest socks I've ever done ---:aww: .
I had to switch over to 2 circulars and do one at a time; the yarn was just too tangled -- one day I'll learn the magic loop. I'm sorry someone lost their project (and needle): thought I was only getting some yarn.

Jaxhil
06-02-2008, 07:11 AM
They look great!! And at least the yarn and needles went to a good home :teehee: I am sure the original knitter would be very glad to know that! :thumbsup:

dustinac
06-02-2008, 09:33 AM
:thumbsup: I agree the knitter would be glad they went to someone who could knit!
They look wonderful!:yay:

sue in canada
06-02-2008, 09:39 AM
They look great. Love the look of the yarn. You never know, the original owner may even visit KH and get a surprise.

McKnitty
06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Those turned out great! I feel so sorry for the other knitter, but it was wonderful that you finished the socks, the yarn didn't go to waste, and now someone will have an adorable pair of socks.

GirlChris
06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
ITA, if I lost my kntting I would rather it go to another knitter who could finish and enjoy the project than in a dumpster, so it's great you found it.