PDA

View Full Version : Lion Brand Cotton

McKnitty
06-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Has anyone used Lion Brand Cotton? If so, how did you like it? Is it comparable to Peaches & Creme? Would it be good for dishcloths?

I'm having a hard time finding P&C (Wal-mart is the only place in my area and it is a very limited selection). However, Hancock Fabrics carries a good variety of Lion Brand yarns. The LB Cotton has pretty colors and large balls of yarn - much larger than P&C, which of course means it costs more per ball of yarn.

figaro
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I needed a good strong red cotton to make my girls' teacher gifts for the end of the school year and Lion brand was the only one I find. I really could not tell the difference between the 2 (I have a large supply of cotton here:teehee:). The gifts are apple washcloths so I thought the yarn was perfect for it.

of troy
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
i have mixed and matched Lion brand cotton, peaches and cream, sugar and cream, and bernats' crafters cotton..

there are subtle differences, but after a washing or 2, the are all the same.

LB cotton (per yard) is more expensive than the others, if you can find it on sale/or purchase with a discount, do!

suzeeq
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes, they're very similar. Walmart is about the only retailer that carries Peaches and cream, other stores (besides Hancock) carry Sugar and cream, also the same.

mwhite
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I've used it alot and like it. When I first started doing dishcloths, it was the only thing available to me. I've made tops and baby blankets from it, too.

Cynamar
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I order Peaches & Cream from their website and get 1-pound cones. THey have a TON of colors that you don't see in the store.

KnitsAway
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I order Peaches & Cream from their website and get 1-pound cones. THey have a TON of colors that you don't see in the store.

From what website?

suzeeq
06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
At elmore-pisgah.com, I think. There's also an all cotton yarn site Cotton Clouds Mail Order Yarns (http://www.cottonclouds.com/) that has both peaches and sugar n cream, I think.

Cynamar
06-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Yep. That's the one. THey have soooooooo many colors!

Jaxhil
06-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I've used Lion Brand and like it just as well-and they have great colors! Just as nice as S&C and P&C, but much bigger skeins, which is nice -then when I have a favorite color I usually have plenty left to make something else :teehee:

Inis
06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Is LB Cotton good for beginners?

I'm getting ready to teach a class in July and am hunting for a good cotton yarn as out first project(s) will be dish cloths.

suzeeq
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
You can get 2 out of the SnC skeins, you ought to be able to get 4 out of the Lion skeins, can't remember the yardage.