PDA

View Full Version : Excited about KP bare sock blanks!

Crycket
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I am not sure how many of you noticed...but Knit Picks has a new sock blank you can dye your own stripes!

I am very excited about this....except I have kilometers of knitting to do ahead of me...and I just made my semi annual kp order....but it will be the next thing on my list I tell you!!!

:yay:

:thumbsup:

:happydance:

HollyP
06-03-2008, 10:37 AM
This is why I shouldn't come on these boards! :teehee: I just vowed to myself that I was not going to buy myself any yarn until I had used up some of my stash. But that is sooo cool! Why do you enable me like this? I have more yarn than anyone could possibly knit in a couple of years. I hear the blanks calling to me and I've been wanting to try my hand at Jacquard dyes. Must resist... must not buy the sock blank.... must resist!

PurlyGyrl
06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Count me as excited too! :woot: So excited that I ordered a blank this morning--yes, after telling myself I didn't need any more yarn (I just dyed some last night to make some socks--didn't like the color so I talked myself into some new yarn!)

HollyP
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Purlygyrl you'll have to tell us all about it when you get it! I'm going to have to knit it vicariously through you. I really hope they don't sell out before my yarn diet is over!

knitgal
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I thought you could only use it when you're doing two socks at a time toe up? The idea sounds so cool, but if that's the case then it's sort of limiting.

Crycket
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Why do you enable me like this?

Because I am the knitting Devil! *smiles*

I have a huge amount of stuff to knit though...but you bet I will be making an order as soon as I can!

Lisa R.
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Aren't these like the Flat Feet things that are so popular, only you get to dye them yourself, and they're less than half the price?

Lisa R.
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I thought you could only use it when you're doing two socks at a time toe up? The idea sounds so cool, but if that's the case then it's sort of limiting.

I don't get why. It looks like just yarn that you knit...couldn't you knit it any way you choose, or am I totally missing something???

dustinac
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Yep, you can only work 2 socks at once...or wind the 2nd sock yarn as you knit one sock...they have it doubled so you can dye and make sure both socks turn out the same :happydance: