PDA

View Full Version : If you were a * where would you hide?

cam90066
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I know I'm getting to 'that age' but last eve I was finishing up a hat and wanted to make sure the dpns I grabbed were all the same sz. Looked for the ndl gauge (I'm pretty organized) but nowhere to be found. I know I'll find it the minute I buy a new one. Are there knitting gremlins snatching our tools?

cam

gotta knit
06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey, the gremlins got my gauge too! I thought I was organized too, but couldn't find mine when I looked for it last week.

cam90066
06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
The problem is they're just small enough to slip between something yet large enough to where you'd think you'd see or feel it. Argh.

cam

gotta knit
06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I have a craft organizer (shape of a duffle bag) with yarn & accessories on a shelf in my laundry room. I put my gauge in the mesh pocket on the outside where I knew I'd be able to see it easily!?

hartleystudio
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I have two gremlins, one is 5 and one is 19 months!!! They raid my knitting bag and "play" with all my stuff and then I can't find it anywhere!! I have about 4 sets of each size needle because my gremlins like to drum....:tap:

I hope you find yours!!!!

Mulderknitter
06-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Ah, well, Mr Itchy and Mr Mulder like to take dpn's, yarn, puzzle pieces, adn even vomit and hide them. I kid you not. Sometimes just getting new stuff is worth more than looking for the old stuff:roflhard:

Lisa R.
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Actually, the only way I'm aware of for finding that sort of thing is to buy a new one. Then it's pretty much guaranteed the old one will turn up! :-D

fireflyknitter
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
The gremlins take my stuff and then hide it in the couch :pout:

cam90066
06-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I've prided myself on being good at returning items to one or the other of my two needle rolls (lots of pockets for things like ndl gauge!). But you can only look there so many times before it dawns 'It ain't here!' I just rec'd a box of yarn today that, had I known the gauge was gonna go bye-bye, I'd have added that to my purchase. Interesting how accustomed we become to relying on our little tools.

cam

panchita
06-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I always have to look for something until I find it... I'm too thrifty!

They always say that whatever you're searching for will be in the last place you look. I beg to differ... I end up looking in the same places over and over again... and whatever is lost will be found someplace I already looked. Luckily I have friends who know this and "help" me to see what I have missed the first two times I searched.

Love them!

Gertie
06-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh no. We have a rule in this house, "Never put anything where you know you can find it!" That place is a black hole. :teehee:

Cynamar
06-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I lost my hearing aid for months because it was where I wouldn't lose it. I was in a panic to find it before I started my new job!

panchita
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I've lost track of how many times I've put something important in place that's SOOOO safe, I've kept my own self from finding it!

MAmaDawn
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Those little gremlins don't just take my knitting stuff... (I'm missing my neddle thingy too) but they take socks, silverware, cups, shoes, and anything else they think they can hide....

tgwillis
06-04-2008, 03:31 PM
They have my guage and I just finished a swatch it need it for.:shrug:

Lisa R.
06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
But you can only look there so many times before it dawns 'It ain't here!' I

How many times is that??? Less than half a dozen?? I do that so much...."Let me just check one more time....nope...still not here!" :)

mwhite
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I know I'm getting to 'that age' but last eve I was finishing up a hat and wanted to make sure the dpns I grabbed were all the same sz. Looked for the ndl gauge (I'm pretty organized) but nowhere to be found. I know I'll find it the minute I buy a new one. Are there knitting gremlins snatching our tools?

cam

ALWAYS and some are four legged gremlins another is a two legged grand-gremlin....GG was playing with my glasses case about a month ago and I searched diligently for it....asked her this past weekend if she knew where Nana's "snapper" was... "Nana, I put it right next to the bed so you could put your glasses in it"...the little bugger had put it in the bottom drawer of my nightstand and sure 'nuff, there it was all safe, sound and very close! The FLGs are constantly trying to tote off my DPNs and dearly love to play soccer with my stitch markers. I find them everywhere including inside my shoes.... The needle guage, I can't say has ever been lost by anyone but myself...between the cushions on the couch or as a bookmark in my "Knitting Bible". :roll:

cam90066
06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
How many times is that??? Less than half a dozen?? I do that so much...."Let me just check one more time....nope...still not here!" :)

Half a dozen? Not that many. After a few there's no rationalizing any more searching.

cam

cam90066
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
The needle guage, I can't say has ever been lost by anyone but myself...between the cushions on the couch or as a bookmark in my "Knitting Bible". :roll:

I did the cushions thing, cuz I knit on my couch and had just used it a few days ago to check the same dpns for the first FI hat. I've looked in an array of books and patterns in the last few days so contemplated the 'bookmark' possibility, as well. To no avail. The last few days I've freecycled a number of items so sure hope no one received more than what they asked for (or I'd hope they'd have em'd to say as much).

My fear is that the small wastebasket I keep near my coffeetable might've been the recipient of the gauge if it inadvertently found its way off the end. :( (Checked there first....nada.)

cam

The.Knitter
06-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm consider myself to be lucky! A few weeks ago another KH member came to visit my home and she brought me a plastic box with removable blocks of plastic that make up separate compartments inside the box. Nothing gets lost anymore! Every knitting notion I own is now all in that box.... now where the heck did I leave the box???

mwhite
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
The.Knitter I'm consider myself to be lucky! A few weeks ago another KH member came to visit my home and she brought me a plastic box with removable blocks of plastic that make up separate compartments inside the box. Nothing gets lost anymore! Every knitting notion I own is now all in that box.... now where the heck did I leave the box???

:teehee: been there, done that! :mrgreen:

Gertie
06-04-2008, 09:12 PM
.... now where the heck did I leave the box???

HEY!! I resemble that remark! :teehee:

Now you have be sure to put the notions in their place no matter how much you're in a hurry. I really resemble that one.