PDA

View Full Version : Help! Noni Market Bag - shaping handles

thedogsarehome
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi! I'm knitting the big Cascading Fuschias Market bag and can't make heads or tails of the instructions for shaping the handles. If I knit row one, using a new double strand for each handle, I can't purl row two, per the instructions, bc the yarn is at the end of the row. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

suzeeq
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Can you type out a little of the pattern for the handle shaping so we can help you figure it out?

Mirl56
06-04-2008, 06:34 AM
I found a pic of it here: http://nevernotknitting.blogspot.com/2008/04/cascading-fuchsias-market-bag.html

At some point you'll start knitting rows for the handle. It sounds like you've finished a round at the end/side of the bag. Somewhere it must tell you to knit across to where one of the handles will start so you can stop knitting completely around the top and begin the handle.

It may have been as far back as after finishing the bottom and starting up the sides - perhaps it said to place a marker at the center of long side of the bottom instead of at the short end. At the time it didn't seem too important (and in general it wasn't). But now you need to orient the end of a round at the center of a handle side.

This is, of course, just a guess on my part based on a photo of the bag. Like Suzee said, if you can type out the handle directions someone can better tell what your next step should be.