PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Noni pattern

thedogsarehome
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi! I'm knitting the big Cascading Fuschias Market bag and can't make heads or tails of the instructions for shaping the handles. If I knit row one, using a new double strand for each handle, I can't purl row two, per the instructions, bc the yarn is at the end of the row. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

suzeeq
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Can you type out a little of the pattern for the handle shaping so we can help you figure it out?

thedogsarehome
06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
The bag is knitted in the round. To shape the 4 handles, the instructions read: "Break yarn then join a new strand and immediately begin to work the first right hand side (as the long side of the bag is facing you) and then proceed to work one handle at a time proceeding from right to left around the bag in a clockwise manner as follows (right handle, left handle, right handle, left handle). Note: For the subsequent handles, you will join a new double strand in order to work the first row:
Right hand Side Left hand Side
Row 1 K K
Row 2 P P8, w&t
Row 3 K8, w&t K8"

etc. I understand that I have to join a new double strand for each handle. Since I'm knitting in the round, after I knit a round of the 4 handles, I can't purl for the first handle of row 2, because my double strand for that handle is at the end of that handle. Does this make any sense?