PDA

View Full Version : Medallion Travel Bag KAL

dustinac
06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey, I just ordered this pattern and I'm hoping I'll have enough in my stash to work on it. I was wondering if anyone would like to knit along with me. I searched around for awhile trying to find a place that would sell the pattern with good s/h price. I found it here (http://www.divaknitting.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_36&products_id=812)with free shipping (Kemp's store not sure why I didn't think to look there first :teehee: )

Also, I don't want to make mine as big...so I've been reading on ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/121-the-medallion-travel-bag/people)where they are not double stranding the yarn to make it smaller...this way they are getting by with 660 yards of both colors...

Come on and join me...ya know you want too :happydance:

Karina
06-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I love this bag, but I am on a total yarn diet. have spent to much money lately on yarn etc. will have to knit away from my stash for a while.

May buy the pattern in a few months when finances are a bit better. is it knitted using fairer isle technique?

sue in canada
06-06-2008, 08:47 AM
That bag looks fantastic but not something I would attempt. Look forward to seeing your progress.

gargoylelib
06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
That bag is amazing! Something I'd like to try in the future but
unfortunately I don't have the money or the time right now:
I do hope you post as you work on it and I'd love to see your
finished product!

Libbie :)

dustinac
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
:yay: I hope you join when you can...I'll post as I go along :thumbsup:

I haven't gotten the pattern yet but I'm guessing it is Fair Isle....it should come today or tomorrow :happydance:

It is an expensive bag to make which is why I'm going smaller and using stash yarn :rofl: ...I have 3 navy and 3 white in it so that's what it will be...later on I might make it the real size in black & white or red and white :happydance: