PDA

View Full Version : vintage children's fair isle poncho?

Jaxhil
06-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm looking for a pattern for a fair isle poncho my DMom said she knit for me when I was about 12-14 (??). Sadly, I no longer have it and only vaguely remember it. She says she thinks it was from a McCall's Knitting Magazine, in about the late 1970's. Of course it could've been an old pattern magazine.

The pattern called for Reynold's Lopi, but she used Aunt Lydia's rug yarn (which she said was a very soft cotton at the time, not the nasty rough acrylic of today :teehee:).

Anyway, I know its a long shot, but you never know unless you try! I'm hoping maybe someone else remembers it and has a picture or copy of it. Thanks!

cheley
06-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm looking for a pattern for a fair isle poncho my DMom said she knit for me when I was about 12-14 (??). Sadly, I no longer have it and only vaguely remember it. She says she thinks it was from a McCall's Knitting Magazine, in about the late 1970's. Of course it could've been an old pattern magazine.

The pattern called for Reynold's Lopi, but she used Aunt Lydia's rug yarn (which she said was a very soft cotton at the time, not the nasty rough acrylic of today :teehee:).

Anyway, I know its a long shot, but you never know unless you try! I'm hoping maybe someone else remembers it and has a picture or copy of it. Thanks! Aunt Lydia's rug yarn???? Wow, anyway, I have tons of vintage mags and patterns (which I am going thru) can you give me a little more detail?:hug: Like what "year" where you 12 or 14? Maybe I can go from that.

Jaxhil
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
LOL~Thanks, cheley! Okay, I was 12 in 1977 :aww: guess that would help!

thanks so much for looking! I really can't remember much about it, but I just asked my Mom if she remembers any more details-like whether it was fringed, etc. I am pretty sure it was a classic style pullover with a braided tie, and a white and green fair isle near the neck . She sys she thinks it was neck down. And she says it did have fringe.

:hug:

cheley
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
LOL~Thanks, cheley! Okay, I was 12 in 1977 :aww: guess that would help!

thanks so much for looking!Okay, so the pattern was probably from '77 by the way I was 21:aww: :hug:

Jaxhil
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
A little more info-my DMom called and said she thinks it was called a "Pull Poncho". She's not sure though, so I don't know how helpful that is :p

Anyway, thanks again for any help, its greatly appreciated!

cheley
06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
A little more info-my DMom called and said she thinks it was called a "Pull Poncho". She's not sure though, so I don't know how helpful that is :p

Anyway, thanks again for any help, its greatly appreciated! Doggonit!!! Dug up my 2 McCall's Needlework mags and one is from 1963 the other 1954-55!!!! Sorry can't find it in there, but try to google vintage patterns and see what you can come up with...and I'll keep looking....:hug:

Jaxhil
06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
That's okay, cheley-I really appreciate the effort!! Hopefully I can find it someday~I've googled my fingers off and haven't had any luck so far. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

thanks again!

cheley
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
That's okay, cheley-I really appreciate the effort!! Hopefully I can find it someday~I've googled my fingers off and haven't had any luck so far. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

thanks again!Your Welcome!!! I'll keep searching for you:hug:

Jen17
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I doubt this is it but...http://vintageknits.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=3474

Jen

Jaxhil
06-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Jen, nope, that's not it, but it *is* really cute!! Thanks for pointing it out! :p (that's a great website, btw!)