PDA

View Full Version : downloadable knittingHelp videos??

Chris.M
06-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I would love to download the videos from knitting help onto my Ipod. As I am a new knitter and usually get stuck these videos are great.

Cynamar
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I ordered the DVD with all of the videos on it. It's awesome!

Plantgoddess+
06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Check your library as well. My local library has the KH videos available for borrowing.

Wildfire
06-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I agree with Cyndi; getting the dvd will serve as a great resource for a long time. You may be able to take the videos off with certain sofware to put on your iPod as well.

SBG
06-06-2008, 07:23 AM
You can use this site:
http://keepvid.com/

You have to do some conversion to put it on an iPod I think. If you buy the DVD you should be able to put them directly on the iPod from the disk using iTunes.

Cynamar
06-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I saved them to my computer so I won't lose them. It was easy--just dragged them to my knitting folder.

sheldon
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone,

The current KH videos are in flash format and are not downloadable I am afraid. If you order the KH web site CD (it's a computer CD and won't work in a TV DVD player), you will have access to all the MPG video files which may be uploadable to an ipod. I have never tried it.

We have tossed around the idea of creating some ipod resources, such as a cast-on library, bind-off library, etc. Basically collections that you could download to your ipod and watch anytime. KH on the go, I suppose. We are not sure what sort of demand there would be and it would take us a bit of work to do the organizing and converting of files.

Would anyone be interested an ipod format? Would you be interested if the costs was $5 - $10?

Thanks,

Sheldon

Karina
06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I would be interested in KH or members video's that would be down loadable to an ipod. I am not sure if there is a difference between an apple ipod and an mp3 player. Have to figure out how to download without using Itunes. I could not afford $5-10 for each one but maybe a collection of them or maybe a price for each just like Itunes. select which videos that would be helpful to you and make up your own library.

sheldon
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
They would not be $5 - $10 each, but per collection/topic. Each topic would probably have 15 - 30 individual videos and perhaps there would be a entire site collection of all the KH videos for $20 or $25.

Sheldon

Karina
06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a good deal, would definitely go for it.

Ronda
06-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Would anyone be interested an ipod format? Would you be interested if the costs was $5 - $10?

I would! :cheering: