PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from Linn County, Oregon?

deemousie
06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi!

I live in Browsville, Oregon, and haven't had much luck finding a knitting group around here. Anybody know of one in town or the surrounding area?

Thanks!

Dee

kalii2
06-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Brownsville is one of those towns that is about 15-20 miles from everything!
I am in Philomath, and there is a group that meets in Corvallis, but I doubt you are going to want to drive over 20 miles just to knit for a few hours....
Nothing in Sweet Home? How bout Shedd? I know there was a fiber fair there just a few weeks ago, so there should be a few knitters around.

newamy
06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
There is a Corvallis Ravelry group with a bunch of knitters who connected on Ravelry. We have been knitting on Wednesdays at Borders and there is discussion of another night or group being started since Wednesday doesn't work for everyone.

On Saturday the 14th there is going to be knitting at the waterfront by the Corvallis Farmers Market for world wide knit in public day. I'm not going because I have to work. And it would be a long drive for you and gas is expensive!

I hope that helps. Have you joined Ravelry? Or visited the site to request and invite? If you do then you might find something more local.

deemousie
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your replies. :) I did go ahead and sign up for a ravelry invite; supposedly the wait time is only one day, which doesn't sound like awfully long, so... yay! :woohoo: