PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks Sock Blanks

stacyk9
06-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I clicked on the advertisement at the top of the page for Knit Picks new sock blanks. Those look so cool!!!! For someone who has been scared to venture into dyeing my own yarn, this makes me think I could actually do it!! I've got several project OTN right now that have time limits, but I think this would be a great item to add to my Christmas list!!!

Debbie
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
OH man .... why oh why did you have to show me that ??????????

losnana
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd love to hear opinions if anyone has tried these.

Jan in CA
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I saw those! Pretty cool idea!

Lisa R.
06-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Kelly Petkun's podcast this week is about those--she and another lady share their experiences and some tips on dying, etc. Go to knitpicks.com and click on "Knitting Community."

Gertie
06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
OH man .... why oh why did you have to show me that ??????????

Yeah. I saw them last night on the KP site. I watched the tutorial on how-to. It looks like fun. Looking forward to reading the reviews before I invest the $ in the dyes. Pretty colors. :think:

If you do it - have fun!

becjo
06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I saw that too yesterday & wasn't sure how it worked at first - but then I watched the video - & what a cool idea! How neat to be able to see how the dye is going on better! That's a great idea! Someone is always thinking!

Miss Moosey
06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
That looks incredible! However, I am afraid that more dye will get on me (and the floor) than on the blanks. :eyes: I tend to get messy with projects such as these no matter how careful I am.

Rebecca