PDA

View Full Version : The coming heat wave and a kids carnival

figaro
06-06-2008, 07:49 PM
It is early Friday evening and I am tired already. I am in NJ and we are expected to hit the mid 90's and with the humidity it will feel like the low 100's!:hot: Thank goodness we have a basement that hovers around 65-70! We have no plans for the weekend except for hubby taking the 2 older girls to see Kung Fu Panda on Sunday. And it is the last week of school so we will get to sleep in for 3 months:woot:!

Tonight was my younger daughters school carnival. Now I had never been to one at this school but I was thinking it would have rides and stuff that is more for older kids. Nope, thank goodness. All the games were geared to kids in the 2 year to 6-8 year olds and it was perfect! All 3 of my girls were able to play the games and get a (REALLY CHEAP) prize. They even had cotton candy but I told the lady to make them small.

So how was your evening and what do you have planned for the weekend?:happydance:

gingerbread
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Right now I am going to be doing nothing we also will have high 90's and it is just to hot for me. I am still healing from last week surgery and I can't walk very well without a walker. So I will stay inside with the AC blowing its heart out and knitting.

:waving:

Hygiene Mama
06-07-2008, 06:49 AM
I live in Norhtern MN and it's been in the 50's all week. I hope we get the nice weather you'll be getting, lucky!

cdjack
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I live in Texas, so if I stayed in every time we got a heat wave,
I would get nothing done. :teehee: Not that I hadn't thought about it. Nope, summer here is one long heat wave that ends about October.
DH and I are supposed to go house hunting today. Well see what happens... One day he is all for talking about a house, and the next day, not so much...

vaknitter
06-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Glad you had fun at your carnival. As for me...I'm on call at the hosp for now and will grocery shop on the way home. The garden needs some TLC - tomato plants are coated in aphids so need to spay some soapy garlic water on them and will weed until the black flies drive me inside. Inside I could attempt to find the surface of my kitchen table (I think our mail is reproducing when we turn the lights out), clean a bathroom, change the sheets on the bed and other weekly chores ... or sit and read a book and watch a movie.

Jan in CA
06-08-2008, 12:10 PM
My daughter lives in Washington DC and works in VA and she told me about this heat... Blech! It gets in the 90-100+ range here in August and Sept, but thank goodness the humidity averages 20 or so at that time. No a/c here (my house) so when it's hot, it's hot with no escape.

Try to stay cool!!