PDA

View Full Version : binding off in the middle of a row

sheena193
06-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I am working on row that states the following “knit 3, bind off 6 stitches tightly, knit 3 (includes stitch on needle from last bind-off.” Does this mean that the last stitch from the bind off on the left needle should not be dropped off the needle, but I should immediately knit it???? Help…totally confused!

Jaxhil
06-07-2008, 08:06 AM
I will try~ but I am not 100% positive I know what I'm doing :p

I would bind off and each time I drop a bound stitch OFF the needles I would count that as ONE bound off stitch. By that I mean the one that is pulled over the stitch ON the needle~clear as mud? LOL. Then God willing I would have the right number of stitches left to work, whatever the pattern said (3 on either side, right?).

Plus, if you bind off loosely enough you can go back and redo it if necessary. Don't worry, you can do it!

hope that helps!

Jaxhil
06-07-2008, 08:10 AM
I wanted to mention, you might get more responses to your question if you post it in the "How-To Questions" forum. :)

Good luck!

sheena193
06-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback! I didn't even occur to me to post in the how-to section, but it makes total sense!

suzeeq
06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Does this mean that the last stitch from the bind off on the left needle should not be dropped off the needle, but I should immediately knit it?

No, when you BO a st it leaves a st on the right needle. That will be counted as the first st of the k3 after you BO 6.