PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll are gonna hate me...

Cynamar
06-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I CANNOT spend money this weekend! Just can't. But last night I ran in my lys to get little gifts to stick in with Oddball blankets and to get yarn (got Cascade Yarns Quatro in a beautiful green) for a tea cozy KAL at Ravelry. Julianne was with me and fell in love with a scarf hanging in the store. She & the manager picked out yarn and before I knew it I had five skeins plus needles for that! So I spent about $120. STUPID!!! But it gets worse (or better--depends on your perspective, but I think the landlord will go with the former). This morning after I went to the post office to send off the Oddball blankets I went to a different lys for needles for my tea cozy that I had forgotten last night. They were just finishing up a $1 corner and I was the first customer to hit it. And hit it I did. I left there with my needles plus $60-some of $1 yarn!!! But it was NICE yarn. I have eight skeins of Harris Yarns with Rowan Aran that had a sticker on it that said $15.95. I got a TON of lace-weight alpace, brushed mohair, and mohair/silk blend Misty Mountain Farms skeins that were $19-21 normally (did I mention that I paid $1?). I have four skeins each of two colors of Trendsetters Yarns Parfait that will make cute scarves. I have four skeins of Quellon Araucania. Best of all, though, and I hope you are sitting down for this, I have eleven skeins (nine of one color and two of another) of Noro Hana Silk that had been $25.75 and I paid ONE DOLLAR for each of them!!! :woot: :cheering: :yay: :happydance: I am doing a happy dance this morning. I spent money that I shouldn't have spent but I'm having a real hard time regretting it. Here's a picture from my phone. It's on Julianne's bed (which is unmade because the dog had a dingleberry and EWWWW). The two green balls to the left with a needle sticking out are the tea cozy. The clump above them with a needle and knitted part is the scarf stuff and the rest is my $1 stash.

heatherg23
06-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Cool.....you evened out. You spent money and saved money. That's the way to do it. (Although you could probably do without the spending part.)
Have fun w/ it!

Heather

Plantgoddess+
06-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I am sooo jealous. What a great deal on the dollar yarn! I see hours and hours of happy knitting.

Cynamar
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks!!! I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven! I felt like I was getting away with something bad.

Jan in CA
06-07-2008, 02:14 PM
:passedout:

sue in canada
06-07-2008, 06:46 PM
You certainly found some amazing buys. Who could resist at those prices.

jdee
06-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh wow! How lucky for you to find such a bargain. Don'tcha just love it when that happens.:cheering:

panchita
06-07-2008, 07:10 PM
That's a lot of beautiful yarn! Well shopped!

honeybunmom
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh. My. Goodness!:passedout:

holamiis
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I want to shop at your lys, mine only has fun fur and ribbon yarn in their sale section. Lucky you!

vaknitter
06-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the purchases !! Other than when my LYS had a going out of business sale I don't think I've ever gotten a really good deal on yarn.
My husband is famous for buying parts for his motorcycles or other toys and what he does is present it to me as Look honey I save $40...never mind how much he spent....so just add up what the yarn is worth and then subtract what you spent and all the sudden it won't seem so bad
Happy Knitting

jess_hawk
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
You could send some of that very nice yarn you got for $1 to me and I'll send you $2 each, and then you'll be able to say you made money off of it, and it will be even better!

Great find! Wish I could stumble on something like that!

Gertie
06-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Wowee!! Good for you! :thumbsup:

Keep the yarn where you can see it so the canned soup & peanutbutter sandwiches you'll be eating for the rest of the month won't be so bad.

gingerbread
06-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow what a great find. Not me but great for you:woot:enjoy knitting with all that nice yarn.:thumbsup:

:waving:

Wanda Witch
06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd say you hit the jackpot with that yarn sale. Who in their right mind could possibly resist?!?!? :yay:

Ladylou
06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Even those not afflicted with stash-itis couldnt resist that!:shock: :woot:

Good job on those finds:teehee: Lots of fun projects ahead...

Love,
Lexie:muah:

Cynamar
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks! I don't even know what I will do with the lace-weight alpaca but I figure that when I am more comfortable working with it I will have some and won't have to go get any. I'm thinking about a lacy scarf with black mohair or angora and the pink Noro silk knitted together. Whaddya think?

koolbreeze
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I CANNOT spend money this weekend! Just can't. But last night I ran in my lys to get little gifts to stick in with Oddball blankets and to get yarn (got Cascade Yarns Quatro in a beautiful green) for a tea cozy KAL at Ravelry. Julianne was with me and fell in love with a scarf hanging in the store. She & the manager picked out yarn and before I knew it I had five skeins plus needles for that! So I spent about $120. STUPID!!! But it gets worse (or better--depends on your perspective, but I think the landlord will go with the former). This morning after I went to the post office to send off the Oddball blankets I went to a different lys for needles for my tea cozy that I had forgotten last night. They were just finishing up a $1 corner and I was the first customer to hit it. And hit it I did. I left there with my needles plus $60-some of $1 yarn!!! But it was NICE yarn. I have eight skeins of Harris Yarns with Rowan Aran that had a sticker on it that said $15.95. I got a TON of lace-weight alpace, brushed mohair, and mohair/silk blend Misty Mountain Farms skeins that were $19-21 normally (did I mention that I paid $1?). I have four skeins each of two colors of Trendsetters Yarns Parfait that will make cute scarves. I have four skeins of Quellon Araucania. Best of all, though, and I hope you are sitting down for this, I have eleven skeins (nine of one color and two of another) of Noro Hana Silk that had been $25.75 and I paid ONE DOLLAR for each of them!!! :woot: :cheering: :yay: :happydance: I am doing a happy dance this morning. I spent money that I shouldn't have spent but I'm having a real hard time regretting it. Here's a picture from my phone. It's on Julianne's bed (which is unmade because the dog had a dingleberry and EWWWW). The two green balls to the left with a needle sticking out are the tea cozy. The clump above them with a needle and knitted part is the scarf stuff and the rest is my $1 stash.

ok i need to know where this LYS is!!!!!I live in O'Fallon , MO:yay:

Cynamar
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Kirkwood Knittery on Manchester at Lindbergh.

Lisa R.
06-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks!!! I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven! I felt like I was getting away with something bad.

I think you DID get away with something bad. Mail it to me to ease your conscience! :teehee:

Gertie
06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I think you DID get away with something bad. Mail it to me to ease your conscience! :teehee:

Lisa - Your sacrifice for a fellow knitter is so moving. :wink: :wink:

Blessings to you as well.

jeanius80
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM
OMG!!!(:psst: i would have done the same)

Lucky you!! Such beautiful yarns at that :heart:

ArtLady1981
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Yer a girl after my own heart! :heart: Been there, done that! I feel yer pain (of the pocket book), and your delight (in the yarn stash)!! :hug:

Care to join us over in THE YEAR OF THE STASH 2008?? :teehee:

Lisa R.
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Lisa - Your sacrifice for a fellow knitter is so moving. :wink: :wink:

Blessings to you as well.

Aww, thanks! :aww: I'd be glad to do it for any of you fellow knitters! I'm *just* that generous! :teehee:

crazyknitterforever
06-10-2008, 11:23 PM
wow what a great buy. aint nothing wrong with stocking up