PDA

View Full Version : ISO "copycat" recipe

cookworm
06-09-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm having a MAJOR craving!!! I love Outback Steakhouse's appetizer, their "Tassie's Buffalo Chicken Strips". I've been all over the 'net to see if there are any copycat recipes available, but I can't find anything. The sauce they coat the strips with is really tasty, but what is really good is how the coating on the strips stays crunchy, even with buffalo sauce on it--what do they use that would stay crunchy under sauce??? (cracker meal, maybe?)

Any help would be appreciated!:cheering:

miccisue
06-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm having a MAJOR craving!!! I love Outback Steakhouse's appetizer, their "Tassie's Buffalo Chicken Strips". I've been all over the 'net to see if there are any copycat recipes available, but I can't find anything. The sauce they coat the strips with is really tasty, but what is really good is how the coating on the strips stays crunchy, even with buffalo sauce on it--what do they use that would stay crunchy under sauce??? (cracker meal, maybe?)

Any help would be appreciated!:cheering:
Have you tried TrueRecipeSecrets.com? (I think that's right) It has a whole bunch of "cloned" recipes....there was a video on Yahoo the other day of the guy making "cloned" Twinkies. If it's not there, maybe there's some way you can make a request for them to clone it.
Good luck!!!

Plantgoddess+
06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
When doing chinese sweet and sour type recipes my cookbook calls for a cornstarch coating on the meat before frying it and putting on the sauce.

mks22300
06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Top Secret Recipes (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.asp) would have what you're looking for? They have tons of clones there. I love their snickerdoodle recipe, it's one of the best I've ever tried!