PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

psquidy
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Does anyone have ANY ideas for knitted fathers day gifts? It's too bad it's not in a colder month, it's so hot now! What does everyone have planned?
Thanks!:cheering:

MaleKnitter
06-10-2008, 02:02 AM
well, even though it is getting warm, we have a basement that is ALWAYS freezing. This is where my dad does most of his work (he is a geologist/mining engineer and is often down in the basement looking at old maps and analyzing rock samples). He also spends a lot of time at the computer listing patented mining claims and writing contracts and such (I think it all sounds boring, but it is his dream job). So, I am making him some cabled fingerless gloves. They are going to be gray/blue denim-y color. I hope he likes them.
He will be able to type with them and still have warm hands.

Debkcs
06-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Mine is getting things from his son and grand daugher, I'm done with that one. :) I MAY show him the authentic style Civil War yarn that I have hidden away for a pair of socks. Maybe. Depends on how good he is tomorrow when we go shopping for a sofa. ;)

Slim
06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I think this (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTprepschool.html) would make a really cute gift (in the appropriate size, of course).

Mike
06-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Isn't that like a week away? You must knit a lot faster than me.

I'd just take the yarn and/or you could round out my DPNs or Options :)