PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh . . . bad hair day!

evona
06-09-2008, 11:53 PM
So . . . I came home from work and noticed my son was taking a shower in my bathroom. I thought it was weird that he was using MY bathroom, but really didn't think much past the "Does he HAVE to use my shower?!" reaction. So I went to work making dinner and soon my son came strolling out and i noticed that my son's hair looked a little weird. He had shoulder length hair this morning and at first i thought he had it pulled back and then the OMG hit me!!!! HE CUT HIS HAIR OFF!!! That's not the worse of it. As he came closer he said "I think I might have messed up in the back." OMG - messed up is not the word! There were so many bald spots I stopped counting. I simply said "Get dressed we're going to Supercuts or something". To which he said, "Why? It doesn't matter. It'll grow back." BOYS!!!! Let me mention that my son is not 7 or 10 or even 12. My son is 16 yo!!!!!!!!!! Does it ever end???? Oi vai!!!!!!

Needless to say, my son now has the head that looks a heck of a lot like a cue ball :roflhard:

Jan in CA
06-10-2008, 12:31 AM
:teehee: He's right, it'll grow back. Be happy he cut his hair. If that's what you wanted. ;)

scout52
06-10-2008, 01:17 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

you think he would have outgrown the cutting of his hair stage. :roflhard: hilarious is that it came out the same way as if he were a little kid. :roflhard: :roflhard:

you are a rocking mom to insure he doesn't get made fun of!!

saracidaltendencies
06-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Eh, I'm 31 and still haven't outgrown the cutting of my own hair :teehee: I almost shaved it all off a couple months ago 'cause I was so tired of it and I refuse to pay Great Clips prices. Especially since no one there (no offense to anyone who may work there...lol) really knows how to cut hair properly. I feel the same, it'll grow back...The worst that could happen is I'd have to knit myself a hat to cover up my screw up :teehee:

auburnchick
06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh my...that is too funny!!!

Just when you think your kids have got it together, they go and pull stunts like that.

:roflhard:

iza
06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
:roflhard: This is soooo something my brother could have done at 20-25 years old. But not at 16...

At 16 he had very long hair. Heavy-metal style. :doh: He got a job in a place where long hair were not allowed so he had to cut it. My mom took an appointment for him at the hairdresser, but he was so upset he asked her in a trembling voice "mom, will you come with me? I can't do this alone". :teehee:

You gotta love teenagers. Life is never boring with them! :lol:

vaknitter
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Well - it is summer so the hair will grow back before school starts up : ) I really can't say too much b/c I horrified my roomates in college (junior year) by locking myself in the bathroom and cutting my own hair. I had grown my hair out long and then paid too much to have someone "trim and style" it which had not been done for a year or so as I grew it from boy short. The lady didn't really do what I wanted and I was frustrated so I took my little cross stitch scissors, a hand mirror, and a spray bottle and locked the bathroom door.

susi
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
lol teenagers what are they like hehe.

my ds did that last year, hes 5 so is of that age. it was awful, but he thought it looked great lol

i cut my own hair still (im 26) i refuse to pay someone to simply snip the end of my hair (its quite long so is literally just a case of gather it up and snip). that and i'm a cheap skate hehe
bless him though, you cant see the back can you lol
susi

evona
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
:teehee: He's right, it'll grow back. Be happy he cut his hair. If that's what you wanted. ;)

I have been very liberal about my kids hair. They have dyed it and cut it in funky ways and let it grow long. Most times I have the same reaction "It'll grow back" I figure I'd rather my kids experiment freely with their hair than other things. I simply warn them about the dangers of too much chemical treatment (this is mostly for my daughter's sake. She cares more about her hair than my son) This particular occurrence was just too much though. I just couldn't let him go to school that way! :roflhard: :roflhard:

I didn't really mind the long hair; although I think he looks better with short hair. Not because I particularly like short hair over long, I just think it looks better short on him. Usually my DS does all our hair and she is GREAT! But she moved up to San Francisco last week and I was left with the Supercuts choice. I figured they couldn't mess up any more than he already did :rofl: I think it was the first time I paid for a haircut in at least 10 years.

evona
06-10-2008, 02:40 PM
lol teenagers what are they like hehe.

my ds did that last year, hes 5 so is of that age. it was awful, but he thought it looked great lol

i cut my own hair still (im 26) i refuse to pay someone to simply snip the end of my hair (its quite long so is literally just a case of gather it up and snip). that and i'm a cheap skate hehe
bless him though, you cant see the back can you lol
susi

My daughter cut her bangs when she was 4. I didn't notice it until we were at the store. I had her in the front part of the cart and remember clearly being in the freezer aisle when I noticed that her hair looked a little funny. She had some of the longer portions covering the front and I had thought her hair was just messy. I moved the longer hair away and she had maybe a half inch of bangs sticking straight out :roflhard:

When my sister moved back down to L.A. she started doing my hair so I never really had to cut my own hair. She used to experiment with my hair when we were kids too. I remember when she tried to bleach my hair with grandma's old style hair bleach in an "inconspicuous" place - I wound up with a humongous orangy/copper spot right at my scalp that was anything but inconspicuous :roflhard: She's much better now that she has a license.

My poor bald son will have hair in about a week though. He'll just have to put sunblock on his head until then.

MMario
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I cut my own hair for about 12 years

cookworm
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
:roflhard:
I can TOTALLY see my son doing/saying the same thing, so I can relate to you and I feel your pain! My son is 15, by the way. At least he took it in stride and didn't freak out about it, though. I echo the sentiment that at least it's summertime so he isn't in school to worry about how his hair will look to his classmates. Until it grows back, maybe you can knit him a nice cool cotton cap? :teehee: (I use my SnB newsboy caps all the time for my bad hair days)

lelvsdgs
06-11-2008, 06:26 PM
He was probably right in style with the other 16 year old boys...

evona
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
: Until it grows back, maybe you can knit him a nice cool cotton cap? :teehee: (I use my SnB newsboy caps all the time for my bad hair days)

Great idea and a good excuse to knit something :rofl:

evona
06-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I cut my own hair for about 12 years

I hope you do better than he did! lol

Oh well, we live and we learn. That's how he learns not to cut his hair in the back without at least a mirror.