PDA

View Full Version : Yarn and Needles Wanted

NikitaShera
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi. Just wanted to know if anyone has knitting needles or yarn that
they no longer need. I am a first time knitter and i am just trying to pass the time during this difficult time.

Currently i am unemployed and i am in no financial position to buy needles and yarns.

Would be awesome if someone has black and white yarns!! I am ok with blue and purple too. Any size 4-16 us dpn and size 0-7 single pointed needles would be great!

Thanks for reading.

Jan in CA
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Did you reply to yourself?? Something weird going on here.. :??

Anyway you can also try thrift stores. They often have really, really cheap yarn and needles.

jdee
06-12-2008, 02:41 AM
What size needles are you looking for? I have several duplicates of sizes 11-17 straights, and I have some size 10 and 10.5 circs. They're plasics and bamboos. The size 10 circs are boye metal needles, and the 10.5 circs are lion brand plastics.

cristina61
06-12-2008, 06:33 AM
:whoosh::shrug:

NikitaShera
06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
This is my first time in this forum. So forgive me. I didn't mean to reply to myself.

jdee:
The size of the needles are no concern. Whatever you don't want should be fine.
Thank you for you help.

Lynn

jdee
06-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I have guests now, but as soon as I'm free, I'll look through my stuff, and put together a package to send to you. Just PM me your address.:)

NikitaShera
06-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you sooo verrrry much for the yarn and needles! I got them today in the mail!! You have no idea what a big difference it makes for me!

How can i ever repay you!!! I will definitely pay it forward!

Lynn

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

PS: I did not make a mistake on typing the many thank yous. That's how much i am grateful for your generousity!

heatherg23
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi,

Do you need anymore yarn? I have a circular needle I will not be needing. Let me know.

Heather

NikitaShera
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for giving me my first set of knitting needles jdee. I am almost finish my one sock... I don't know if its wearable though. hehe. But it makes the time fly by when you're unemployed.

I am still interested in black, grey and white yarns!! I just need 5/6 balls.

Any size 4-16 us dpn and size 0-7 single pointed needles would be great if no one wants them.

I am hoping to make a long black, grey or white caridigan.

Thanks

jdee
07-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm so glad you're enjoying your new stuff, and congratulations on the sock. I'm sure it's wearable.

The only thing I had duplicates of were the larger needles. The Hancock where my niece lives closed, and they had a big sale where they charged $5 for whatever you can fit into the shopping bag they gave you. Knowing that I knit, she picked up a bunch of needles. That's how I got so many duplicates. but all she managed to get were the larger sizes. Maybe someone will have some extra smaller ones for you.
Happy knitting!

NikitaShera
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Thank you to jdee and Heather for your generosity for the nice yarn and needles from the bottom of my heart!
YOU MADE MY DAY!!

NikitaShera
07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
If anyone have any white, grey or black yarn that they don't want, please let me know. I just need enough of one of the above to knit a long cardigan in this link.

http://www.berroco.com/ng1/ng1_annikki_pv.html

thanks