PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a knitting junkie when........

boo1
06-12-2008, 10:18 AM
you'd rather your gray roots show than take an hour or two and go to the beauty shop and take care of it. All you can think about is that time you could be knitting........

(And i'm afraid of dye dripping, so don't suggest I bring it, even though I might anyway....)

How do YOU know that you're a junkie? :inlove:

heatherg23
06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I know i'm a junkie when I continue to knit even though it gives me severe migraines/neck pain.

I couldn't catch a break if I paid for it.

Heather

Cynamar
06-12-2008, 10:47 AM
When my hands are cramped up and I really, really need to sleep but I want to do "one more row"--which turns into more than one then I know I'm a junkie.

Sunshine's Mom
06-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I KNOW the house needs cleaning, but I just HAVE to turn this heel!!!

Cynamar
06-12-2008, 12:07 PM
YEP! The dog is crying to go outside but can I finish this row? ANd this one? ANd this one?

Karina
06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I have become more of a knitting junkie since joining this forum. I have to log in every morning first thing before anything else. see if I have any pm what is going on on the KAL's and what people are up to in general. because of this addiction I forget to get the kids ready for school (somehow I always think this is the day they will get up and get ready with out me standing over them every step of the way) we are usually just a little late leaving to drive to school. I know this will happen but somehow I know tomorrow the first thing I will be doing, is checking the KH site and we will be late yet again.

kellee0302
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
I know I'm a knitting junkie when I'd rather buy more yarn(when there are already totes full) then buy shoes. (I have plenty but it use to be there were never enough pairs of shoes.) Now there is never enough yarn or knitting needles.

knitttina
06-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I thought I was a junkie when I made my 19 year old drive so I could knit. Then when it was my turn to drive i started to pick up my needles when I was at a red light.
I KNEW I was a junkie when the second therought I had (after the one that said you can't knit and drive) is man I need to tell the folks at KH....

The.Knitter
06-12-2008, 01:53 PM
You know you are a knitting junkie when.....

Late at night, when the family's all asleep, you can find me counting stitches instead of counting sheep!

Cynamar
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Or you count the sheep while imagining what you can do with their hair!

Cynamar
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Or you count alpacas!

lelvsdgs
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
you'd rather your gray roots show than take an hour or two and go to the beauty shop and take care of it. All you can think about is that time you could be knitting........

(And i'm afraid of dye dripping, so don't suggest I bring it, even though I might anyway....)

How do YOU know that you're a junkie? :inlove:
Or you pass up the dye job because you'd rather spend the money on yarn! Heck, I've been passing up the hair cut for the last 2 months because I'd rather by yarn!
Great question!

knitpurlgurl
06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
When you are relocating to a new area and you've already plotted out the LYS before you've even found a new house!! :)

Jen17
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
When you are relocating to a new area and you've already plotted out the LYS before you've even found a new house!! :)

:roflhard: I can relate...My son and ddinlaw just bought a house in the Boston area and I found the LYS near their new home (which will be 1 and 1/2 hours from me!)

cristina61
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
You've got a huge stash and you've decided you don't need to buy yarn for at least a month . . . and after swearing to keep this promise you break it -- four times in less than a week.

cacunn
06-12-2008, 09:48 PM
You know you are a junkie when you got out to dinner with your beautiful wife and you take your knitting because she may have to go to the bathroom and you could knit a row or two before she gets back.

mathwizard
06-13-2008, 07:40 AM
When the world fades away and all you can see are the knitting needles and the yarn in your hands. I even forget to eat and my sons get after me because they are hungry and they know I will knit instead of eating.:woohoo:

Mulderknitter
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
I was in the dentist last week and he was doing some particularly evil thing to my teeth that hurt like you wouldn't believe and I thought to myself of all the yarn that would be my reward "tilli thomas, silk, wool, mohair, bamboo.....":roflhard:

susi
06-13-2008, 04:22 PM
When the world fades away and all you can see are the knitting needles and the yarn in your hands. I even forget to eat and my sons get after me because they are hungry and they know I will knit instead of eating.:woohoo:
omg i do that, my son ends up grabbing my knitting opff me (he's 5 so can half get away with it for now). i have lost most of my post baby fat since knitting :woot: , double bonus :woohoo:

Cynamar
06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
My dog wedges her head between my hand and my needle. Poor baby is getting desperate for a head rub then.

Crycket
06-13-2008, 06:54 PM
You know you are a knitting junkie when.....

Late at night, when the family's all asleep, you can find me counting stitches instead of counting sheep!

Very Cute!

I am a junkie cause I am knitting my entire Hallween costume, this year and next!
(this year Harry Potter stuff, next year, Chain mail...I am going to be a palidin)

Also, I am thinking out ways to knit all my costumes from here on in..rather than just have my mom make em up on the sewing machine with just regular fabric!

MaleKnitter
06-14-2008, 04:16 AM
you know you are a kitting junkie when:
you have 4 sets of size 6 circular needles
and 5 works-in-progress that call for them

when you HATE having all of this yarn cluttering up your home, but you can't get rid of one skein (because you will use it all eventually)

when you have to turn around and drive back to walmart. You forgot to purchase half of the grocery list while you were buying that yarn

"Cleaning up" means taking ALL of your WIPs (except for the one that has most of your current attention), stuffing them into garbage bags and putting them in a large, organized (?) box with all of the yarn (also in plastic bags, sorted by fiber content, color, weight, and order in which you will work with it)
this is forever labeled your "yarn box" and it will NEVER be empty

when you have a "yarn box" in more than 3 rooms of the house

when you follow complete strangers (using great sneakyness) because they are wearing the most amazing cabled sweater and you just have to stare at it and figure out the stitch, every time they look at you (so that they won't suspect that you are staring at their sweater) you QUICKLY grab the closest thing and debate with yourself over whether you should buy it or not (YES, I need these... adult diapers... well actually... if I had THESE I wouldn't have to get up from my knitting)

when you realize after reading the previous paragraph that adult diapers might actually be a good investment

when you have a stack of 10 knitting books by your bed, and you stay up until 3 o'clock just STARING at a project that you are DYING to make, but you know you can't just start a project when you already have 3 months worth of knitting projects lined up on your knitting calander

when you start knitting birthday, fathers day, mothers day, etc. presents less than a week in advance and stay up until 5 the night before just to finish it

Yes, I am a knitting junkie. And I am PROUD

msmelody
06-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I am a knitting junkie. I can admit it. I live in the country and when we pass the sheep while driving, I point out which sheep would make the best... sweater, socks, hat, etc. My husband knows I am crazy, and living in England has confirmed his opinion. I also do a happy dance when the sheep are sheared, because that means more wool at the shops.

boo1
06-15-2008, 10:59 AM
one of them smokes and you can't bear to have your WIP smell like cigarettes. And all you can think about is how long you have to stay!

Already feeling antsy.....

feministmama
06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
My dog wedges her head between my hand and my needle. Poor baby is getting desperate for a head rub then.

My cat does this to me all the time