PDA

View Full Version : World Wide Knit in Public Day 6/14/08

kateycp2k
06-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Happy Friday to all,

I was reminded on David Reidy's Sticks and String podcast that this weekend (6/14 - 6/15) is World Wide Knit in Public Day! So, where will you be knitting? Are you going to a sponsored organized event or just heading down to your local coffee shop/diner/library to knit?

As for me, I will be taking my knitting down to the pool in my townhouse development (assuming that the regulations do not prohibit knitting needles) and working on my garter stitch scarf poolside! :)

suzeeq
06-13-2008, 09:37 PM
The downtown LYS has a little tree planter out in front on the main drag so we're going to congregate around that.

dustinac
06-14-2008, 09:39 AM
They are having a KIP over in Columbus but to far for me to attend...nothing close to me so I'll be taking it to the local park and while the kids play at the playground...I'll sit and knit :teehee:

Knit4Fun
06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Since I'm taking my step-daughter to get a haircut today, I'll take it with me while I wait...and to the library as well...maybe I can convince DH that in honor of the holiday, he should take me to Starbucks for an iced chai latte..... :teehee:

knittingymnast
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Ohmygoodnessgracious! I completely frogot! I'll take my knitting to the pool aswell.

Knit4Fun
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm SO excited...I just saw that a new LYS opened in my town - DH wouldn't stop because he knows I won't get out of there in his timeframe, so I'm off to check it out now...what a great way to celebrate WWKIP day!!! :woot:

GiddyKnitter
06-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I was working night duty last night so I sat with my colleagues and knitted as I knew I would be sleeping today. My LYS did a sit and knit outside the shop today pity I couldn't go along :(

figaro
06-14-2008, 02:04 PM
I was going to go and knit with my knitting group and there was a organized event in PA I wanted to go to but hubby decided that we needed to do a few things around the house....yep, I had to really clean the house up good. And I have not gone upstairs yet.

Does it count if I sit in my porch swing and knit some?:X: