PDA

View Full Version : WWKIP details--What/Where/With Who

CountryKitty
06-14-2008, 04:16 PM
:mrgreen: Just thought I'd start the ball rolling...

I worked on a simple wave stitch scarf in ecru 4-ply yarn while garage saling in Waco TX with my Mom and 2 sisters. I think Mom (new to knitting but doin' well) was too focused on navigating to knit (it's her town after all) and sister Rhonda didn't bring her knitting from Dallas. (The nearest KIP was in Killeen).

(Mom snatched up a large gorgeous handknit aran afghan for $4---the homeowner's DH's Grandma had made it but they had so many afghans they were selling some. Upon learning that they were selling an afghan made by a grandparent, Rhonnie announced, "They will burn in Hell." ROFL!:roflhard: )

Okay, what'd everyone else do today?

(....waiting with bated breath to learn what bar Mason accidently entered and knit in....;) )

Plantgoddess+
06-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I live in a rural area so I went out on my swing in the yard and knit on my entrelac sock for about a half hour with my dogs.

remclave
06-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I knitted for an hour at my local Books-A-Million from 2 pm to 3 pm before my daughter's boredom drove us home. I worked on my "Lyra".

Lisa R.
06-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I was so sad that with getting my dd off to Australia and a couple of other issues this morning, I didn't make it to the event at my (sort of local) LYS! However, dh and I were out doing errands in the afternoon, I did work on my entrelac scarf for a while! It was pouring down rain, so I'm guessing the event ended up inside instead of outside--but I was still sorry to miss.

auburnchick
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't have a LYS here, so I missed out on anything formally organized.

BUT, when dh and I were running errands, I knit in the car. Does this count?

He was like, "We're only going to Lowe's." Uh, do you know how many rows I can get done in that time? I finished about five. Not bad.

Jaxhil
06-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Does it count if you knit at the LYS? Inside, because its HOT HOT HOT here, lol~anyway, I did that, and it was fun! Don't know if it qualifies though :p

bonstance
06-15-2008, 02:20 PM
A friend and I took our kids to the park near our house, and I was knitting there - just a feather and fan washcloth, but I wanted to make sure I did something. :) Although whenever I go out and am waiting for something, I always bring my knitting. Don't want to waste time!

kateycp2k
06-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I took my knitting down to the pool in my townhouse development and knitted up my scarf poolside.

Outside of almost losing a point protector it was a good afternoon.

Gertie
06-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Went to DH family reunion. Was an inside event, but I knitted. Worked on 6x9 rectangles for HAP. http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

WandaT
06-16-2008, 06:27 AM
No knitting for me. Saturday was my daughter's high school graduation! Thank God that's behind us. I did better than I thought I was going to though - still cried but didn't go into the "ugly" cry. While I was sitting there though, I felt this muscle by my right shoulder blade start clenching up. It continued. Now it's hurting up through my shoulder, neck and down my arm. Fun huh? I'm going to get a massage today to try and encourage it to relax. UGH! And I'm less than 20 rows of finishing a baby afghan!!!!! I want so badly to get it done!!!!

Cynamar
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I had a purple alligator cast on but skipped the festivities as my house was so filthy. I did knit in the laundrymat a couple of nights before.

scout52
06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I met with my knitting group at the Panera's. I worked on my Lotus Blossom tank from Interweave Knits Summer 2006. we were there for several hours,

iwouldratherbeknitting
06-16-2008, 10:56 PM
I knitted for hours on the plane ride from Seoul, South Korea to America. As far as I know, I was the only knitter on the plane. I didn't see anyone else knitting- but, I do know that one of my friends left the same day, on a different flight, and she was going to knit too. *I'm so proud of her- because, I'd taught her how to knit and she really has kept up with it... and is now a 'knitter.'

Rosemary
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Our LYS (Yarnivore) had set up a canopy in the parking lot. I stayed for an hour or so. It was HOT! Worked on a sweater for DD which she will not like so I will get it. Good planning, don't you think?

feministmama
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
So I scheduled Portland in Pioneer Square for WWKIPD since so many local contingents were at yarn stores. I figured the whole point is to knit "in public" where people usually don't knit so somewhere public like Pioneer Square, Portland's living room, would be just the place. I got there early, found a great parking spot and the sun was out. There is also the festival of flowers going on so I got to sit in an "urban filed" of flowers. Cool huh? Well my son had organized a monopoly game with his friends and it started at noon, so that's why I took the car so I could leave and be home on time to supervise. Well one friend couldn't make it cuz of some pre-arranged thing, then another friend got sick and the last friend has to come early cuz of some other pre-arranged thing. So I only got to knit for an hour. But Janet, Shawna and Shawna's mother Marsha was there. I hope more knitters show up and make it a real event.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8323551@N08/2577629041/