PDA

View Full Version : Purling from the back

rearicd
06-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I know how to knit (and purl), been doing it for a while. But I came across a strange video that show's you how to purl. This technique shows that you put the needle into the back of the stitch. This is not to do something fancy-just a basic purl stitch. So I checked out the videos here just to see if all these years I have been doing it wrong and no, I do it like they do it here. Please check out the video and tell me if I am seeing it wrong or if this is the way some people learn how to purl! Thanks!

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-knit-the-purl-stitch

Plantgoddess+
06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
It's not the way I purl. Maybe I'm doing it wrong as well.

sarahzknitty
06-15-2008, 08:50 PM
That was odd, but I guess whatever gets it done in the end!
Actually I may give it a try and see if its any easier.

cristina61
06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I've never seen purling done that way, either. I suppose I wouldn't say it's "wrong," but I did notice that the finished stockinette stitch shown at the beginning of the video looked a bit crooked and twisted. I'd guess the method of purling has something to do with that.

suzeeq
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
She's purling through the back loop. On the first row, I could see doing it if you use a knitted cast on, it tightens it up. But not on the rows after that unless you're doing twisted rib or want to tighten up a stitch after a cable.