PDA

View Full Version : Knot a problem???

shan
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM
.:grrr: Agggghhhh!!! I was happily knitting away, when I reached a knot in the ball of yarn I was using. Very cross!! Oh well, there were only about 5 stitches of the row left. I checked that the knot was tight, and kept on going.

A few rows later, the knot came undone! I retied it, but there was a hole underneath. The stitch must have dropped somehow.

I couldn't see a loop to pull up to fix the problem, so I tried putting the needle through below to make a destination row, and pulled back.

However, with the decreases at the edges, and the few cables, things were not going my way.

I've put the needle in again, lower still, and hoping that I'll have time away from other distractions to see whether I've done it properly this time.

All this trouble from one little knot. :grrr:

tokmom
06-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh how frustrating! I'm sorry. I understand how awful it is to have some object that is almost finished do something like that. You have my sympathies, and I hope you can fix it.:hug:

Lisa R.
06-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Most people suggest that when you come to a knot in a ball of yarn, you cut it out, and join the yarn just as you would join a new ball. That will make it more secure and not have the knot sticking through your fabric somewhere.

Hope you get it all sorted out. I get so frustrated when one thing leads to another, and finally to a big mess!

shan
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM
:aww: Yes Lisa. I figured that out a little late.
A big and painful lesson.