PDA

View Full Version : Another Crochet Edge

McKnitty
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but after thinking about it, the Crochet forum may be better. I am knitting this shawl: http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=25259 and the finishing is a crochet edging.

I'm getting close to the end and I'm starting to worry about the bind off/crochet edging.

1. I used double-stranded worsted weight yarn instead of bulky, so when I do the crochet edging do I still use double-strand, or go to a single strand?

2. I'm concerned about running out of yarn during the crochet edging (that is going to be a lot of crochet!) so I was wondering if it is okay to join new yarn while doing edging. If so, where is the best place to join the yarn? (I've done very little crochet.)

Thanks!

mathwizard
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
If you double stranded to make the shawl then you will do the same for the edging. It is the continuation of the pattern only it is crocheted instead of knitted.
>>The best place to join is at the end of a row but you don't have that option. You can join the yarn wherever necessary with whatever joining method you want(knot,oh no, Russian). Leave enough to weave the ends into the knitting or you can hid it in the crochet work that you are doing. EZ said do three or four stitches with the new yarn and the old. The hiding method is your choice. I know the edging will go great with the rest of the shawl.:cheering: