View Full Version : Shipment Came Today!!

06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I just got my Addis in size 8, 32" and 2 skeins of worsted yarn to start my sock class. I'm so excited and so nervous. I thought I'd be destined to be a newbie forever. I'm always so afraid to try new things. And I'm such a visual learner. (books and written instruction just don't help me that much. I need videos, online instruction, or in-person instruction. AND I ask alot of questions.) Unfortunately, I have never had time to take a class - my work schedule just wouldn't permit it. But now I will take KnittinMitchie's sock class and colorwork class and hopefull with my move to PA next week I will find a LYS that offers classes in the evening so I can expand my knitting knowledge and confidence!

06-16-2008, 01:29 PM
I have a lot of trouble with written ones, too. It's weird since I am such a voracious reader. Videos help a lot. Good luck with your class!

06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
oh i just ordered mine tonight. i had to wait for a new bank card as mine had expired (shos how often i use it i hadnt notised :) )

hopefully it will be here in time, if not i have
got a shorter 5mm circ and some worst weight stash, just wanted some shiny new yarn :) :)

i've never bought yarn before otherthan at the supermarket, so this is sooooo exciting for me, and my first ever new needles. i inherited mine from my gran.

i will have ten tons of questions as well so dont worry. i have tried magic loop before but with the wrong size needle so it didnt quite work as planned hehe

so we can ask ten tons of q's together hehe

oh, i cant do the written thing either, i'm dsylxic so that kinda thing is just a no no lol