PDA

View Full Version : I'm so proud!

jjminarcik
06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I have started potty training my cat, Griffin. He is in his first week and he's doing great. Thought I would share his first big-boy potty picture. I crack up every time I look at it! :roflhard: :roflhard:

I think I remember someone else here mentioning their cat was potty trained? :shrug: Any good stories / tips?

iza
06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
:cheering: THIS IS SO COOL!!! And you can definitely be proud! :teehee: My boyfriend and I are thinking of getting a cat, and I would love to try that! How hard is it and how long does it take? Some cats are not all that trainable, I guess it would depend on your cat? :??

Cynamar
06-16-2008, 02:47 PM
AWESOME!!!

auburnchick
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Ok...that has to be one of the funniest pictures!!!!

:roflhard:

Wonder if I could train my dogs to do that? Sure would beat scooping poop out.

:roflhard:

knitgal
06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
That's amazing! I really want to train my cat too. How did you do it? I've heard about kits, but I don't want to waste money if it doesn't work.

Jan in CA
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
:roflhard: Now all you need to do is train him to flush! :teehee:

dustinac
06-16-2008, 03:51 PM
:rofl: that is great!! I have two that I should train...is it easy to do?

jjminarcik
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
:roflhard: Now all you need to do is train him to flush! :teehee:

Knowing his personality, he will concentrate on flushing and not on going! I can see my water bill now! :roflhard:

:rofl: that is great!! I have two that I should train...is it easy to do?

I know there are kits available, but don't know anything about them. A friend of mine told me how she trained hers and that I'm doing that. So far it has been simple. First of all, move the litter box into the bathroom. This way kitty will be used to going in the bathroom when he has to go. Leave it there for at least a week or so until he gets used to it being there. In the meantime, get a plastic mixing-type bowl that will fit in your toilet along with flushable litter. Put flushable litter in the bowl and set it inside the toilet. He will get used to climbing on the seat and going. Keep it like this for a week or so. Then cut a hole in the bottom of the mixing bowl. Kitty will be able to see the toilet water and hear the sound when he goes. As the weeks go on, make the hole bigger until there is no bottom left. Eventually the bowl will come off and it's done! And I would be sure to have some flushable baby-wipes around ~ just in case there happens to be a small accident on the seat. :ick:

I imagine it would take at least a month, but longer if needed. All cats are different, so it depends on how well they are catching on.

But be prepared - they will scratch in the litter and it will get EVERYWHERE! I've had to vacuum in the bathroom everyday! :wall:

susi
06-16-2008, 04:59 PM
oh i love that idea, i have 15 cats so you can imagine the litter bills as they are all indoor cats.

i will give it a go when the bathroom is safe for the cats to be in that is.

bet you are soo proud, i would be as well. very clever pussy cat lol

susi

mwhite
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
oh i love that idea, i have 15 cats so you can imagine the litter bills as they are all indoor cats.

i will give it a go when the bathroom is safe for the cats to be in that is.

bet you are soo proud, i would be as well. very clever pussy cat lol

susi

OMG! I thought I was spending fortunes on litter!!! You poor dear! And the doo-doo duty you must have! I will quit complaining and have a ball bat close to the front door in case someone else brings home another cat!

mwhite
06-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I have started potty training my cat, Griffin. He is in his first week and he's doing great. Thought I would share his first big-boy potty picture. I crack up every time I look at it! :roflhard: :roflhard:

I think I remember someone else here mentioning their cat was potty trained? :shrug: Any good stories / tips?

This is so cool! LOLOL! I've heard of this but never seen it! He is hilarious! :roflhard:

jdee
06-17-2008, 02:34 PM
That is soooo adorable. You could probably with a contest with that picture.:)