PDA

View Full Version : cabling and pattern issues

rearicd
06-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I am knitting a hat from Stitch and Bitch Nation page 75 if anybody has this book. It looks easy enough and the pattern is easy to follow but my hat looks nothing like the one in the picture. The pattern is k2,p2,k6,p2 rep to end of round. This is done for 5 rows. Row 6 says k2,p2,c6f,p2, rep to end of round. Then you repeat whole thing three times. The picture shows the hat with a cable line then ribbing row then cable then ribbing, and so on. But my hat looks like cable after cable after cable-and actually not all cables are working out. I am doing the same thing, started over several times and still not getting it. Can anybody see what I may be overlooking? Any suggestions from experienced cablers? It really isn't a difficult technique but obviously I am doing something weird! Please Help! Thanks!

knitgal
06-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Okay, my first instinct is that you are not completing the cables correctly. When you c6f you put 3 stitches on the cable needle, put them forward, knit 3, then knit 3 off the cable needle...is this what you are doing?

boo1
06-16-2008, 09:59 PM
try this http://www.knithappens.com/oops.shtml

Usually you can google errata for books by typing in something like errata stitch and bitch. Also, try typing in the author's name with errata and see what you get. The second way is usually the best imho.

This is assuming you're not making a mistake. (Something I do with alarming frequency!)

:)

rearicd
06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I was an idiot! Got it-Thanks a lot....Off to rip it out AGAIN! But really thanks! I see how this should help the pattern not be wrong either!