PDA

View Full Version : FO's: "Queen of Hearts" and "Boata"

KnittingNat
06-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone:waving:! I'm back from Moscow and i have 2 FO's to share with you all:woot: I knitted them before the trip, till the last moment (almost :hair:). The sweaters were given to my cousins - Alisa and Andrey.
This is "Queen of Hearts" from "The Treasury of Rowan Knits". I made 6-7 yrs size for a 5 year old girl - she'll grow into it. The Yarn was Simay by Aldemir - 75% cotton 25% viscose and it was a hell to knit with - too many plies held by a viscose thread, splitting and making my life a living hell :hair:. I used needle size 3.5mm instead of 3.25mm as required for the seed stitch border, but it was ok that way too. I also left the cuffs open to match the bottom border. You can see my little cousin (blurry - taken with cell phone) modeling her new sweater.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2587940412_9a8f3b6eee.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2587099247_ac6cf662e6_o.jpg

and the stitch definition was great:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2587939938_1972c1838e.jpg

Andrey's Boata is also from "The Treasury of Rowan Knits", knitted with Rowan All Seasons Cotton (a cotton and acrylic blend) - a knitting BLISS :inlove:!!! After the Simay this yarn was heaven to knit with. Needles - 3.5mm (instead of 3.25mm) and 4mm. The color is called cookie and is a neutral brown-beige, which i thought would be appropriate for a boy that age - they always are afraid to look too girly:rofl:.Size made - 6-8 yrs. My cousin is already 8 yrs old and this sweater was falling off him. Both patterns have huge sizes!!! So here it is:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/2587940810_fa1a3aeb58.jpg

In the next few days i'm going to post the stash (no, i'm not kidding :roflhard:) i brought from Moscow and posting some pictures when i'll get them sorted out! So stay tuned!

P.S. I missed you, guys and gals :hug::aww:

sue in canada
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Both sweaters look cute. Love the hearts.

GirlChris
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome back and what wonderful FOs you made. They are both great looking sweaters.

mwhite
06-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I agree! Both are just gorgeous and such nice work! Love the heart one!

GinnyG
06-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Very nice sweaters!! You did a great job on both. LOVE the hearts.

Knit4Fun
06-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Those turned out beautifully!!! I love the side slits on the Queen of Hearts sweater...gorgeous! :muah:

Jan in CA
06-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Those are beautiful! What nice gifts!

Nice to have you back!

KnittingNat
06-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Those are beautiful! What nice gifts!

Nice to have you back!
It's good to be back! I missed you all:hug: .

Thank you for the words of encouragement! It was a lot of work in a very short time, so i even didn't take any knitting with so i could give my hands some rest:teehee:

Debkcs
06-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Those are great little sweaters. Love the first one, the color is wonderful and the yarn really does give the hearts great definition.

What were you doing in Moscow? Somehow I missed that post. I know, I'm nosey~

KnittingNat
06-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Those are great little sweaters. Love the first one, the color is wonderful and the yarn really does give the hearts great definition.

What were you doing in Moscow? Somehow I missed that post. I know, I'm nosey~
No, you're not:hug: I'm originally from Moscow and I have lots of relatives there, so we went to visit them and see all the beautiful places there are to see for tourists.

Karina
06-18-2008, 05:40 AM
I love those sweaters. would love to do the queen of hearts for my 2 year old girl. Is that a book or magazine you got the patterns from. does the pattern go to a two year old size.

WandaT
06-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Both are simply gorgeous! What beautiful gifts and works from the heart. They will be treasured for years to come!!

KnittingNat
06-18-2008, 06:59 AM
I love those sweaters. would love to do the queen of hearts for my 2 year old girl. Is that a book or magazine you got the patterns from. does the pattern go to a two year old size.
Thank you :)
The pattern is in a book called "The Treasury of Rowan Knits", it's a huge collection of Rowan patterns from various designers. It costs 39.95 on Amazon, but i think that it's worth it. All the children patterns have a big range of sizes, but the sizes are huge, so you need to make a smaller size to fit your daughter.

Slim
06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Wow, what gorgeous sweaters, and what wonderful gifts! I love the "heart" sweater -- the color, the styling, everything about it! Lovely work.

dustinac
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
:happydance: They both are wonderful (the hearts is my fav) very cute!!

robynbird
06-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Lovely!!! I really like the one for your little boy cousin - I'm always looking for good boy sweaters for my son. :)

KnittingNat
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Lovely!!! I really like the one for your little boy cousin - I'm always looking for good boy sweaters for my son. :)

Thank you! Though i made size 6-8 yrs and he's already 8 yrs old, it was huge! But i think the color was good for him - neutral and goes with everything. He's not into fancy clothes:teehee:. It's an easy sweater, really easy and because the yarn was so great to knit with, i could knit without looking. I was so tired and stressed knitting it, thinking i won't make it till the flight, i was falling asleep while knitting and the funny thing - I kept knitting while snoozing:shock:!

ArtLady1981
06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! Oh, those two sweaters are just wonderful! Oh, I guess I already said that!

I know whatcha mean about yarn that's splitty! In those instances, I change to ADDI needles. Their blunt tips help decrease the splitting.

Thanks again for the photos!!

KnittingNat
06-19-2008, 02:02 AM
WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! Oh, those two sweaters are just wonderful! Oh, I guess I already said that!

I know whatcha mean about yarn that's splitty! In those instances, I change to ADDI needles. Their blunt tips help decrease the splitting.

Thanks again for the photos!!

Thank you :) I don't have Addi's, so i had to fight through it with the KPO's. Man, did my hubby feel sorry for me! He asked why was i cursing so much and i showed him, so he was really understanding:teehee: . I have three more balls left of this yarn and i don't know if i ever want to knit with it, though it is really beautiful.

ritaw
06-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Very pretty :)

MerigoldinWA
06-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that looks a little big, but big is in right now in some quarters at least. Like you said, she'll grow into it, if it was too small, it would just be sad. :-) You did good work and I think you made good choices on the yarn. The tan one will difinitely be good for a boy and the hearts are feminine. Very nice sweaters.

jesthestar
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow I LOVE the queen of hearts!!!!:heart: