PDA

View Full Version : I'm 3 balls short :(

booskibabe
06-18-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm going to make Viveka from Knitty out of some yarn from a frogged project. There's only one problem - I'm 3 balls short of the needed yarn, and I bought it over a year ago so I don't think there's any hope of finding more in the right dye lot. What should I do? :hair:

GinnyG
06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Buy more yarn and use it with one of the exisiting skeins by alternanting skeins (a couple rows with one, a couple with another. Or use the symetrically (I didn't look to see what the pattern was for ) for example, use them on the collar and cuffs or sleeves etc. A lot sepends on the color and if there is a real difference in the dye lot. I find alot of yarn washes out a bit with the first was and the color may even out.

Maddison
06-18-2008, 05:28 PM
You would be surprised what you can find out there. Post a listing or even go out on Ravelry and see if someone there has it. Most of us have yarn sitting around that is a year or more old. I know some of my stash is even 6 years old. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I would definately take a gander at Ravelry. there are thousands of members and a lot (like me) have yarn we have forgot about until someone posts that they need it. You can also post here in the for sale section that you are looking for a particular yarn.
I also agree that if you find those additional balls, use them on the cuffs, the neck, or the bottom of the sweater.
It will look like a design feature:yay:

Knit4Fun
06-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Post what you are looking for here and on Ravelry...you'd be surprised who has what lurking in their stash just crying out to be made into something fabulous!