PDA

View Full Version : Queen of FROGGING

knitpurlgurl
06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
:hair: I have attempted (unsuccessfully) ML 5 times today. I feel like a complete ditz. I shouldn't get upset or impatient. KittinMitchie will show me what to do in her class on Tuesday.. I just absolutely hate that it always takes me so long to learn things. :oops:

knitgal
06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh gosh, don't feel badly! There will come a time when you will get it and you will think "why that wasn't hard at all!". Sometimes it takes a while for something to "click" and there's nothing wrong with that- keep trying!

gingerbread
06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
I love knitting but sometimes it just doesn't click for me:tap:. Like you I rip, and rip, and rip. That is why I am also taking the class on ML.
I am very visual and so this is going to help. So just 5 more days, and we will see how to do it, and then we can say why that is easy. Practice, Practice, and more Practice. So that is where we both are right now. I know that is going to help us a lot, with knittingmitchie. So see ya in class on Tuesday night.

:waving:

LovelyLinda
06-19-2008, 07:09 AM
I get frustrated with myself as well when I'm trying to learn something new so I know how you feel. It will all come together so no worries. :clink:

catcook
06-19-2008, 07:37 AM
I know what you mean also. I was like you and thought I would get a jump on the class, I couldn't follow those instructions for anything, so I came on here and watched the video, It made clear what I needed to do so I started and it was going ok,(notice how I didn't say good) the cables on the needles I have are just sooooo stiff! I have some knitpicks coming so just decided to wait till I got those with a longer cable and see if that wouldn't make it easier. I feel all thumbs at times like this and also a whole lot like and airhead. Keep trying we'll get this >^,,^<

KnittinMitchie
06-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Trust me Magic Loop is easy once you get it. I learned from the Knit Picks site and read those directions SO many times and looked VERY carefully at each picture about 50 times.

I have discovered however magic loop really all about the flexibility of your cable.

CountryKitty
06-19-2008, 09:00 AM
:grphug: LOL, don't feel bad! I sometimes think my screen name ought to be CountryFROGGIE...Rippit, rippit!

When the frustration starts to mount take a break. Take a few deep breaths, stretch, take a walk with a dog, roll in the grass with a kiddo.....go back with refreshed eyes and mind and sometimes the problem will be quickly resolved.cloud9

knitpurlgurl
06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I love knitting but sometimes it just doesn't click for me:tap:. Like you I rip, and rip, and rip. That is why I am also taking the class on ML.
I am very visual and so this is going to help. So just 5 more days, and we will see how to do it, and then we can say why that is easy. Practice, Practice, and more Practice. So that is where we both are right now. I know that is going to help us a lot, with knittingmitchie. So see ya in class on Tuesday night.

:waving:

I am SUCH a visual/kinestic learner. I wish I could just read things and VOILA! I knew them.. but that's just not my learning style. :shrug: We'll get it!! I'm so excited to have KnittinMitchie teach us a bunch of different things in the classes she offers! She's a God-send!! :woot:

knitpurlgurl
06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Trust me Magic Loop is easy once you get it. I learned from the Knit Picks site and read those directions SO many times and looked VERY carefully at each picture about 50 times.

I have discovered however magic loop really all about the flexibility of your cable.

I got a pair of Addi Turbos for this project. The cable seems pretty flexible. Several people prefer the KPs because the Options cables are very flexible. I was considering acquiring a set anyway.. :aww:

tarrentella
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
the first time i tried ML (about a year ago) i couldn't figure out why people liked it. infact i thought they all must be mad, or i was missing somthing big! i didnt try again until today and for somereason it is work for me! I watched the video on KH a good few times then did some practicing and thenc ast on properly for a sock. I am only a few rows into it but it seems to be working out ok(ish). I guess the (loooong) break just gave me a fresh persective on it. don't fret too much, it will come to you.

knitpurlgurl
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
I am doing okay as far as the whole procedure of ML.. it's just that I tend to increase when switching from K to P and switching sides to knit. I accidentally increased 2 stitches after 9 rows. I frogged it and tried again... but wasn't paying attention and made some rudimentary errors. My DD then unraveled my entire skein of Wick and it is knotted beyond belief. So I tried ML with a different worsted that I had and it unraveled and split so much and I just finally gave up last night. I think I will enjoy ML knitting. Of course, I have never used dpns, so I don't know if I'd like them or not. Some people have a preference whether it be socks on 2 circs, ML, or dpns. I really am a sock virgin, so as of right now I have no preferences. :P

KnittinMitchie
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I can knit ML and on DPNs. As for 2 circs, that is uncharted territory for me . LOL and I'm the one teaching knitting/crochet classes.

MerigoldinWA
06-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Magic Loop is a mystery to me. Recently I thought, "I'm going to figure out ML." So I went to a site that shows pictures of how to do it. I thought it looked easy, but I couldn't get it to work.

I think I am one of the people who will prefer a really long needle as opposed to a short one. I don't have one, and I don't have the super flexible cables.

I consider myself a slow learner and that ML thing I will have to see in person to ever get it. Maybe video, but with my slow computer I hesitate to use them much. You're lucky you will be able to take a class. I hope it turns out to be as easy as everyone says. :-)