PDA

View Full Version : Spent all morning winding

knitpurlgurl
06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
:gah: I spent all morning trying to unknot an entire skein of Wick that my DD unraveled and knotted up (in about 2 minutes time no less). UGH! There is a reason I prefer buying in skeins - then I don't have to wind the yarn into balls. So I unraveled and unknotted all morning while hand winding into a band (no ball winder for this chick). Why do kids just love getting into yarn that one is working with?? I have an entire basket of left over little balls of yarn - but Noooooo, it hass to be mommy's new sock yarn. :thud:

Knit4Pie
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Well of course it has to be the NEW yarn. It wouldn't be as much fun with the leftovers. I feel your pain, I had to hand wind once, just because it was a hank and it got all tangled while doing that. Yeah, I thought I was better than everyone and could knit right from the hank. I learned my lesson!

My problem is with my cats. One of them likes to chew on whatever yarn I'm knitting with, even with 2 or 3 little balls I've left out for her. The other one is just he loves to run and he gets tangled up in my yarn. Sometimes pulling the work of the needles, or tangling up my skeins when I work with more than one.

Sometimes I just get up to answer the phone (my fault for not knowing someone will call and have the phone next to me) and I come back in a minute to find my yarn dragged all over the living room!

becjo
06-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I must be a little on the sick side - I like winding up yarn!! Its relaxing to me - except when you do get those MASSIVE knots in them - not alot of fun! But I had a friend who was the BEST at getting the knots out! Find someone like that to help you! :-)