PDA

View Full Version : I taught someone how to knit today!

iwouldratherbeknitting
06-20-2008, 01:03 AM
woo hooo... she really took to it quickly too. I had some cotton SUGAR AND CREAM yarn left-over from one of the 2 knitted dishcloths that I had knitted for her as a 'thank you for letting me stay in your home', while I visit AZ,:cheering: gift.

She already wants to buy some more of this cotton and make more knitted dishcloths. I only taught her the knit stitch- tomorrow she wants to learn the PURL stitch and then.. how to make knitted simple slippers... and I'm leaving super early SUNDAY AM... so, we'll have to go fast on the knitting lessons.

T

Debkcs
06-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Isn't it fun? I especially like "why did I think this was so hard all these years?"

Congratulations, you've made another addict! :thumbsup:

Jaxhil
06-20-2008, 08:22 AM
:woohoo:

how fun!! It's rewarding, isn't it? It sounds like she's really excited! Did you tell her about KH? (surely you did :teehee:)

knitpurlgurl
06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
It's like paying it forward.. A really good friend of mine taught me to knit and I have since taught a few others to knit. I remember my friend saying to me: "I will teach you to knit, for free, but you have to teach someone else to knit, for free." She is really trying to push for people to teach someone a needle craft. Everyone in her Monday Night Group can come and knit, crochet, crossstich, quilt, embroider.. whatever they wish - and they are welcome to seek help from the group at each meeting - BUT they MUST teach someone else a needle craft. It's really a cool idea!

My husband calls it my "yarn cult."

Knitting_Guy
06-20-2008, 09:10 AM
:thumbsup:

Crycket
06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
My husband calls it my "yarn cult."

:roflhard: