PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Debkcs
06-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Just to share my happiness and to let you know there is a sale going on:

Knitpicks has 28% off of their Options sets, so I asked DH if he'd mind, and he said go ahead. Whoo hoo! Finally get to see what all the excitement is about.

I have a Denise set, but ArtLady says she hates them, and since she's my knitting guru (you didn't know that, did you, Dollyce? :) ) I thought I'd give them a try.

Almost forgot, get to go back to knitting and crafting again, as of today, so I'm doubly excited.

Jaxhil
06-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Yah!! I wonder if that includes their sock needles...hmmm...I'll go check it out! Thanks for the heads up!

btw, I don't use my Denise's as much as I used to (before Options/Harmonies) but they sure come in handy when I need a short length for hats!) I feel I need to stick up for them :teehee: ~they're great needles in many of ways!

But of course so are the Options/Harmonies :mrgreen:

suzeeq
06-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I heard they're having a sale on books in stock too. Haven't gone to check it out yet...

Jaxhil
06-20-2008, 08:44 AM
When I went to check out the sale, I found books on sale 40% off, but not the Options sets :??:shrug:

Maybe it's just me? I was hoping to get a set of double point harmony sock needles...I even tried adding it to my cart to see if it would adjust the price, but no luck...hmm..maybe it was a sneak attack sale and was finished very quickly :(

oh well..

knitpurlgurl
06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
I just bought the Options Set yesterday. :)

Luvmyrottnboy
06-20-2008, 09:07 AM
When I went to check out the sale, I found books on sale 40% off, but not the Options sets :??:shrug:

Maybe it's just me? I was hoping to get a set of double point harmony sock needles...I even tried adding it to my cart to see if it would adjust the price, but no luck...hmm..maybe it was a sneak attack sale and was finished very quickly :(

oh well..

Yup, me too!

Jan in CA
06-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I haven't used my Denise set since I got the Options! :yay:

I'll go check out the other stuff that's on sale, thanks for the heads up!

ETA: No sale on Options when I view it, but lots of books. Nothing I want right now though.

Debkcs
06-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I think I owe you all an apology. I hadn't logged onto Knitpicks for some time, and the last time I looked at the Options needles they were $80+ (maybe from another site?). So I thought they were having an outright sale on them. $59.99 seems like an outstanding price, since my LYS sells that set for $82.00 or more. Sorry for leading you astray!

On the other hand, the whole Knitpicks.com first page has changed since I logged in last night, and they really are having a good sale on books, as some of you noted. Good thing I get paid this next week!

LovelyLinda
06-20-2008, 02:49 PM
That's funny because when I first read this thread this morning I thought wow that's great because I've been trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and just buy the options set or not. So when I read they were on sale, I thought OK I'm gonna do it. Only to find they were the price they'd been for months.

Oh well, still a great price. I'm not sure what my problem is, I should just do it and stop wavering.:roll: