PDA

View Full Version : FO- My First Felted Bag!

Duessa
06-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Hello Everyone! I finished the felted bag that everyone was so helpful with. It turned out great, although a bit smaller than intended. lol

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/phpDr1UpaAM.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/Sheadra/phpaNBemgAM.jpg

Thank you all so much again! My Grandma loved it! :woot:

Azlynn
06-21-2008, 03:46 AM
That's gorgeous! What yarn did you use?
I'm going to make a felted bag soon, so I'm looking at everyone else's and trying to figure out what to use to make mine. I'm looking on ravelry too.

Duessa
06-21-2008, 04:12 AM
It was Patons Classic Wool. Watch out! It was in less than 10 minutes and it ended up twice as small as it was when I put it in! lol My fault. I didn't want to take the time to test a swatch so I just tossed it in. lol The color is Rosewood. It turned out beautifully. The pictures are really good for showing the color. I hope you have good luck with yours and TEST it FIRST!

Karina
06-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Great looking bag. Glad your grandma loves it. I have not tried felting yet, will be sure to test.

WandaT
06-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Congrats!! Beware though, felting is very addicting!!!! :)

Duessa
06-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I know! I already want to do it again, for me this time. lol but my Dear Boy Friend says the wool is just way too expensive. lol So I will content myself with waiting until he wants a big favor. We always return favors with choice of gift so I will be rolling in wool soon because I know it won't be long before he wants me to get up really early to make breakfast for him and a friend. lol Or make his favorite high maintence meal that I have to shop for and cook all day. ROFLOL I had no clue how pretty the colors would turn out. And the strenght of the bag was amazing. I was worried that it would remain a weak, holey, wimpy thing but *trust the pattern* I did and it was great! Thank you all for the complements!

Raeknitsnwa
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I love that bag it looks so cool I want to make bags as soon as I learn to pick up stitches I love the color yarn you used great job

mhansen
06-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Cute I love the color!!

scout52
06-21-2008, 07:47 PM
it looks great!!

bambi
06-21-2008, 11:01 PM
That is SO cute!

Bambi

GirlChris
06-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Great job, it turned out wonderfully. Your DBF is right about the wool though I just got some to felt something (which I have only done years ago) and I was so shocked how much it cost. Why can't I have a cheap hobby? LOL I am glad you can get him to not giv eyou a hard time and treat yourself with a favor or two for him as well. He might be a keeper. :wink:

auburnchick
06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Lovely job! I like making felted bags. I use mine all the time as my regular purses. They are indeed very sturdy.

Duessa
06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Great job, it turned out wonderfully. Your DBF is right about the wool though I just got some to felt something (which I have only done years ago) and I was so shocked how much it cost. Why can't I have a cheap hobby? LOL I am glad you can get him to not giv eyou a hard time and treat yourself with a favor or two for him as well. He might be a keeper. :wink:

LOL, he IS a keeper. Now to convince him to pop the question already. lol It will be five years next month! :woot: Maybe that date will be the day? lol I don't want to hold my breath though. :roflhard:

Thank you all for the compliments. I was really worried about this bag but DG (dear Grandma) loved it.

munchkin928
06-22-2008, 01:13 PM
That's really pretty! Yeah, I think the expense of the wool almost seems double for felting since the bag ends up so small! It's a lot of concentrated price per inch.