PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pattern

lihutchi
06-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Geez, I hate when I do this! I saw the coolest pattern, but did I save it??? Nooooo - and now I can't find it anywhere! I've been searching on line for literally an hour and a half and can't find it. Hope somebody can help me. It was a scarf or stole, the pattern was like swirly pinwheels, lacey. I think it may have been motifs attached together. I know it was knit. It was very, very cool - don't ask me why I didn't put it in my favorites on my computer.

Linda

cam90066
06-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Found this (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/04-pinwheel-cape) on Ravelry. Similar?

cam

lihutchi
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess I need to join Ravelry...I started to and got a message that there were something like 40,000 ahead of me, then read that it really goes quickly, so was going to again, then read that some people don't like the way it's set up and decided I really don't need any more added to my wish list, so decided not to join again! Now I'm back to thinking I need to join.

Anyway, I can't see the link because I'm still waffling about joining!

suzeeq
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Join, it's only about 2 days to get on now. You don't have to do anything there except browse patterns and yarn.

lihutchi
06-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Yay, I found it! Here's the link - how cool is this pattern? I ran across it when I was checking out jojoland yarn somebody posted in the buy/sell/trade thread!

http://www.jojoland.com/do/item/Select?topIndex=1&itemID=%0D%0Ap-ms27-02&subIndex=1

OK, Ravelry, here I come! 2 days I can take. I'll tell ya, though, I'm a little worried. I can lose myself for hours and hours browsing patterns and yarn, then I lose track and when I want it again I have nothing but a memory - you see what happens!

I moved not long ago and realized that I had a stash of patterns I didn't even really like anymore - I stash patterns even more than I stash yarn!

suzeeq
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
One cool thing about ravelry is that while browsing patterns, you can add to your queue which makes it like a bookmark, so it's on your personal page. I've done that even when I have the pattern copied in a file so I can remember it later.

Azlynn
06-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Oh craaaaaaaaaaap, another pattern I want to knit. LOL That's a beautiful, unique shawl that I MUST knit. I want to start it NOW. Unfortunately, I have a queue full of other stuff if have to get done. Yesterday. ;) For all the knitting I've done, I have so few actual FO's under my belt, it's embarrassing. I do have a bunch in the works that will be coming off my needles in the next week or so, so I should be able to move on soon. That shawl is happening very soon, though. Thanks for linking it!

Jan in CA
06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh craaaaaaaaaaap, another pattern I want to knit. LOL That's a beautiful, unique shawl that I MUST knit. I want to start it NOW. Unfortunately, I have a queue full of other stuff if have to get done.

:psst: Change the order of your queue..I do it all the time. :teehee:

I moved not long ago and realized that I had a stash of patterns I didn't even really like anymore - I stash patterns even more than I stash yarn!

Me, too. I waste more paper printing patterns! :teehee:

astonh
06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I too am a pattern stasher. My eyes are bigger than my knitting ability. That swirly shawl is really amazing!

Jan in CA
06-23-2008, 08:12 PM
My eyes are bigger than my knitting ability.

Mine are bigger than my lifespan! :shifty: :teehee:

suzeeq
06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Change the order of your queue..I do it all the time.

I didn't think you had to knit stuff in the same order they're in your queue. I just use it as a reminder of patterns I'd like to try out someday.

Azlynn
06-24-2008, 01:29 AM
I didn't mean an official queue, I just meant a bunch of stuff I have to get done. Like stuff I'm knitting for a baby that I'd like to get done before he's a toddler. ;)